Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
MARCH 9TH 2006
58 Posts
If I remember correctly, the really cold spell was just ending around that time last year, with temperatures below freezing in Benidorm at night and snow on the hills surrounding the resort. That kept a lot of holidaymakers in their hotels during the evening, as they hadn't gone prepared for the cold snap. But things did improve in time for Las Fallas celebrations beginning mid-March. Excluding the fiesta period, March nightlife outwith hotels is not as busy as May, but there should still be plenty of people around.

David :wave
I was there last March 6th-9th and it was nice when the sun was out but got very chilly on an evening.There were people in swimming costumes around the pool in the afternoon and quite a few people on the beach.
I think that at this time of year you need to go with an open mind and take winter and summer gear then you won't be caught out.

Sue :) :)
Can anyone tell me what the weather is usually like during March.

Thanks, Karen
Hi Kazza ... please check out the Weather Q&As topic, in fact I think you already have a reply in that thread ... please click here.

David :wave
I am planning my hen weekend for 2/3/07 and thinking about going to Benidorm. Can anyone tell me what the weather is like around this time and if the place is busy? Are all the pubs/clubs open at this time of year?

Thank you
Fiona
Hi Fiona, I was there from the 20th-25th March this year and it was pretty busy, I stayed at the Flamingo Oasis just up the road for where you will be staying and been all inclusive we didn't venture out as much as we normally do.
I cannot comment about the clubs as I don't frequent them but the bars all seemed to be open and the seafront was very busy.
I'm sure that you will find plenty to do and will have a great time.

Sue :)
Fiona
I have been to Benidorm every month of the year and all bars and clubs are open.
You will have a great time
Hi there, Anyone know of any good deals for early March in Benidorm ?

Also what area should we be looking at for centre ie Bars, takeaways etc

Are the AI deals worth considering ??

Any advice appreciated
Try portland, they usually have some good deals. The AI is fine if you all don't mind local drinks. You could drink in hotel til midnight then head to the clubs at the square. Loads of different clubs to try, best idea is to try as many as possible coz every club is worth tryin. You'll find one you like. I was in cafe benidorm and jokers in August and the music in both was very different but I liked both of them. Good luck and enjoy x
hi we are going back to flamingo oasis in march can anyone tell me what sort of trips will be on offer will the jeep safari be on? also what sort of weather can we expect? thanks
Hi Liana, I stayed at the Flamingo Oasis in March this year and I'm staying there again in a couple of weeks.

The weather was quite good although it was chilly on an evening.
During the day we were walking around with tee-shirts on. There were people sunbathing around the pool and when the sun was out it was lovely although it did get a bit windy at times.

I don't know about the Safari but I could find out whilst I'm there if you want me to.

Sue :)
Saint Patrick's day is always great in Benidorm too :D
thats 6 of us booked up for the pelicanos hotel , for our jollyboys outing...10th march-17th march ..get the beer in :glynis
Me, hubby and my mother are off to Beni in March for a week. (13th-20th)
Staying at Villa de Benidorm (not all in the same room! :shock: ).

It's going to be an eventful week.......
La Fallas
St Patricks Day
Our wedding anniversary (awww)
And, I am reliably informed by she who knows and tells us everything, it's also Mother's day!!

Can't wait to get back to Benidorm and catch up with our favourite acts in the Cabaret Clubs....and also to get mum to sit at the front of the stage when the comedians are on... hee hee hee! :lol:
Have a great times ju33les....will you be doing some "Ambushing" :lol:

Best Regards - Taggy :)
Oh definitely Taggy!!! It's my favourite part of the holiday!

:D
4 mad welsh women going on the 15th to 17th March last year it was lovely t shirt weather and there were people in the sea! Roll on
Group of 'girls' (in their 40's!) heading off for a 4 day break end of March...... being a frequent Beni bird myself, I've recommended places to eat and drink etc, but will the same shows be on early in the year? I've only ever been in the summer!
Hi Kazibabesuk

The shows are on all year round so whoever you have seen before will still be there.

Sarah
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.