Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
The Fiesta in honour of the Virgin del Sufragio and St James the Apostle is held during the second weekend of November. A full programme of events is not normally published until much nearer the time, but you could try asking Tourist Info Benidorm if any advance info is available:

benidorm@touristinfo.net

I have merged this topic with a similar one from last year, which provides a little more info about the origins of this particular Fiesta.

David :wave
Hi All.
I'm looking at going to Benidorm in November. Would like to know what the weather is like so I can pack the right stuff to wear. I'm also looking for a nice hotel that is close to the square and the beach. I'm looking at the Orange hotel at the mo but would like to see if there are any alternatives. I will be in Benidorm at their Fiesta time is this a good time to go and is the Fiesta weak any good.It's just myself and the wife bothe late 40s.Thanks.
:)
its cool in the morning up to about 11 and then its normally in the 70s at night take a jumper its cool at night theres so many hotels to choose from the marina orange both fine i like the benidorm centre its a little way from the square but not to far its near the beach about 200 yards :D : :D
we are going in November (1st week), we were there the same week last year and we had a great time, still very hot , swimming and beach everyday. Night times were a little bit cooler but we packed loads of jumpers and jeans but didn't need them. We may have just been lucky but my parents had an apartment on benidorm beach front for 20 years and we used to go a lot in November and I can never remember it being especially cold.

On a seperate note - we enjoyed it because it is a lot quieter than in August and if you can make it to the smaller bays (la cala) then there are a lot of spanish about on the weekends and a great atmosphere.

I believe that in the second week of November there is one of the main festivals, very impressive fire work displays and the old town is like a carnival.
what date is the fiesta in november starting and finishing this year; does it start with a parade on ist night or last; where can i get further tourist info from. many thanks

EDIT: Margaret .. enquiry merged with this existing thread, which should provide you with some useful info
David HT Mod
Starts sat 11th nov and finishes wed the 16th
Hi there, just returned from my first visit to Benidorm and I absolutely loved it. Stayed at the Sol Ocas and would thoroughly recommend it. Think I'm addicted as I want to go back for a long weekend in November now. Can anyone tell me what the weather is like in November? Is it still hot or not?

EDIT: Merged with existing similar thread, which may provide some useful info. Please also check out our Weather Q&As topic.
David HT Mod
we are going to be in benidorm for bonfire night does anyone know if the ex-pats have a celebration?
Well finally got a holiday going on the 11th of november for two weeks to the pelicanos or ocas, a week later than we wanted but looking forward to the fiesta as we were there in 2003 for it and it was fantastic, i think we get there the day it starts and will miss the iniatial parade which i was a little upset about, but we will be there for the rest of it can't wait, we was told last time that the final night of the firework display was on the levante side and we waited with hundreds of others to watch it on the beach, but it was the pontiente side and although we had a good view it was'nt the same, we could have kicked ourselves as we had seen them setting up a day before and did'nt realise till it was to late doh, will get it right this time, great atmosphere although will watch my head this time as got a few hard boiled sweets thrown at it during the parade lol
Hi there :lol:

Has anyone been to benidorm in november or are planning to go?

Wondering what the weather was like.

Our hotel has a covered pool, so any sunshine we get I am pressuming we have to go to the beach, is this feasible at this time of year, is it warm enough.

Do I pack shorts and strappy tops, bekini or jumpers t-shirts and long trousers?

EDIT: Merged with existing similar thread
David HT Mod
Hi got a response from the Benidorm tourist board regarding the information for the festival in benidorm next month..

Listed for your information : Regards Yvonne :lol:

MAJOR FIESTAS PROGRAMME 2006
FRIDAY 10TH NOVEMBER
18:00 LIGHTING of the ARTISTIC ILLUMINATION .
19:00 OPENING OF THE FAIR-GROUND (near the Bull Ring) and the "PORRAT", market of typical products (Vía Emilio Ortuno).
22:30 Meeting of the "Penas" at C/ Ruzafa. INFORMAL PARADE of the members of the "Penas" around Ruzafa and Martínez Alejos streets.
01:30 TAPESTRY PARTY. Making of a flower tapestry in honour to our patron saints.
SATURDAY 11TH NOVEMBER
10:00 MASS at the Chapel Mare de Deu (San Jaime) singed by the Barqueta Choir.
11:45 Opening of the doors at San Jaime Church to sing the VERSES IN HONOUR TO THE VIRGIN.
12:00 BELL RINGING followed by a spectacular "AIR BOMBING" from Plaza Castelar, La Cala, Rincon de L'Oix, Foietes, and Ermita de Sanz to announce that"¦THE FIESTAS HAVE BEGUN!
12:15 SPECTACULAR PARADE OF MUSIC BANDS from Plaza de San Jaime to Plaza de SS. MM. los Reyes de Espana, to perform the piece "FIESTA IN BENIDORM" around 13 h..
12:30 INAGURATION OF THE FLOWER TAPESTRY at Alameda street.
17:00 THEATRICAL PERFORMANCE OF THE FOUNDING OF THE VIRGIN at Poniente Beach.
17:45 PARADE FROM "LA UNIÃ"N MUSICAL DE BENIDORM".
18:30 SOLEMN PROCESSION from Parque de Elche by the following streets: Paseo de la Carretera, Alameda and Mayor.
When the procession gets to the church there will be a FLOWER OFFERING TO THE VIRGIN followed by the ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE FIESTAS at Plaza San Jaime. Afterwards there will be a BIG FIREWORK DISPLAY.
23:30 MUSIC BANDS BIG NIGHT. Lots of bands will go playing around the town.
24:00 POP ROCK NIGHT at Gambo street, with the performance of "Palanca y Cambio" and "After Midnight".
03:00 MERINGUE PARTY at Plaza de la Hispanidad.
SUNDAY 12TH NOVEMBER: VIRGIN OF THE SUFFRAGE'S DAY
07:00 Chocolate for everyone at Emilio Ortuno street "¦and from now on every morning.
08:00 First DESPERTÀ (awakening) by the local bands from Casa del Fester"¦and from now on every morning.
10:00 CYCLING RACE at the Av. Vicente Llorca Alos and surroundings (La Cala).
11:30 SOLEMN MASS at the Church of San Jaime in honour of the Virgin singed by the Benidorm Choir.
Afterwards there will be an AIR BOMBING at Plaza Castelar.
14:00 NEAPOLITAIN MASCLETÀ (SUPER BIG BANGER DISPLAY) at Playa de Poniente (Harbour).
17:00 EXTRAORDINARY CONCERT of la Union Musical at Gambo street.
19:00 SOLEMN PROCESSION in honour of the Virgin. Itinerary: Mayor, Alameda, Los Ángeles, Pintor Lozano, Virgen del Sufragio, Martínez Alejos, Paseo de la Carretera, Santa Faz and Plaza de San Jaime. Afterwards "ESTAMPETA".
23:30 Traditional COPLETES singed in honour of the Virgin of the Suffrage at Plaza de San Jaime, followed by the NIT d'ALBAES around the
Old Town.
00:00 Performance of "ELECTRIK LARRY", Winner of the "Benidorm Festes Pop Rock" at Julio Iglesias Auditorium, Parque de l'Aigüera.
01:00 Concert of DAVID BUSTAMANTE at Julio Iglesias Auditorium, Parque de l'Aigüera.
Afterwards BIG "CORREFOC" (moving fire and sound show ) by "Els Dimonis Emplomats" from the Auditorium to Plaza de la Hispanidad, going through the streets Ruzafa, Martínez Alejos and Doctor Perez Llorca.
MONDAY 13TH NOVEMBER: SAINT JAMES DAY
09:00 YOUNG BULLS at the Bullring.
11:30 SOLEMN MASS at the Church of San Jaime with the Benidorm Choir followed by an AIR BOMBING at Plaza Castelar.
11:30 Show by the theatre company "Factoría de Creacion" that will take you for a "boat trip" with their PIRATE BOAT around the streets:
Paseo de Colon, Paseo de la Carretera, Martínez Alejos and surrounding streets.
13 a 15 Beer for everyone at Plaza de la Hispanidad, offered by Amstel.
14:00 I CONTEST OF MASCLETAES (super big banger) "FESTES DE BENIDORM" at Av. Mediterraneo. First participant: Pirotecnia Europlà.
17:00 Comical concert of the Band "Los Claveles" at Gambo street.
19:00 SOLEMN PROCESSION in honour of the Patron Saint Saint James by the streets: Mayor, Alameda, Paseo de la Carretera, Santa Faz and Plaza San Jaime. Afterwards ESTAMPETA.
24:00 SIXTIES PARTY, at Plaza de la Hispanidad, with the performance of the clones of the "Beattles" and "Abba".
TUESDAY 14TH NOVEMBER
09:00 YOUNG BULLS at Plaza de Toros.
10:30 SOLEMN REQUIEM MASS at San Jaime church singed by the Benidorm Choir. Afterwards OFFERING OF FLOWER GARLANDS to the Dead in the Sea at Plaza de la Senoría.
11:00 MAGIC DAY. Eight magicians will do magic games around the street Gambo. Around 12 h there will be a Magic Show at Gambo street.
12:30 Sardines for everyone at Av. Ametlla de Mar (Rincon de Loix).
14:00 I CONTEST OF MASCLETAES (super big banger) "FESTES DE BENIDORM" at Av. Mediterraneo. Second participant: Pirotecnia Zamorano Caballer.
17:00 ANIMATIC, theatrical show by "Scura Plats" at Alameda street.
19:00 FUNNY COSTUMES PARADE. Itinerary: Parque de Elche, Almendros, Limones, Carrasco, Ruzafa, and Martínez Alejos.
Afterwards NOCTURNAL MASCLETÁ at Av. Mediterraneo.
24:00 Big performance by "Grupo Coyote" at Gambo street.
24:00 Performance by a Music Band at Auditorium Oscar Esplà(Parque de l'Aigüera).
01:00 Great Contest of Drag Queens at the Auditorium Oscar Esplà(Parque de l'Aigüera).
WEDNESDAY 15TH NOVEMBER
11 a 14 CHILDREN'S DAY. PLAYPARK and other activities for children at Parque de l'Aigüera.
12:30 Festa de les Festes. Parade around the town of the different Fiestas Commitees by the streets: Almendros, Paseo de la Carretera, Martínez Alejos, Gambo, Puente and Plaza de SS.MM Los Reyes de Espana where the Fiestas Queens will receive them.
14:00 I CONTEST OF MASCLETAES (super big banger) "FESTES DE BENIDORM" at Av. Mediterraneo. Third participant: Pirotecnia Arco Iris.
18:00 FLOAT PARADE through the following streets: Parque de Elche, Almendros, Marte, Venus, Ruzafa, Martínez Alejos, Gambo street and Plaza de la Hispanidad
¡MERRY FIESTAS FOR EVERYONE!
hi..bovrillady.. :) we go on the 20.nov for 5 weeks can you tell me of anything on from that date.
regards........john-doe....
Hi John-Doe email the tourist information board at this address ;

touristinfo_benidorm@gva.es

and I am sure they will get back to you and let you know what is on when you are there....

:lol:
We fly out on the 18th just for a 3 night break. Looks like we just miss the fiesta. Bad planning on my behalf I would have loved to have been there. :( :(

Nicole
Hi, I'm sorry but I can't find the post that had the dates for the november fiesta's in Beni , can someone point me in the right direction please. I have told a friend I would find out, but I can't :oops: Thanks all. Deb.
Hi Deb ... I have merged your enquiry with this previous topic, which should give you a little more detail.

You will also find some more info HERE and nearer the time, you will be able to obtain a full programme of events from the tourist office at benidorm@touristinfo.net

David :wave
Thanks David, just what I was looking for.

Deb.
The start dates for this years fiesta if anyone wants to know is 10th November to the 15th, but does actually start on the eve of the 9th, we are going on the 3rd for two weeks can't wait

Rosie
Thanks rosie, my friend wants to be out there for the fiesta this year,so I will pass that on.

Deb.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.