Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Where abouts are you staying Shirley? Levante covers a large area, if you can be more specific then it would help.

Sue :)
Hi Sue, sorry - we're staying at the Levante Club apartments, that's all I know I'm afraid. This will be our first time to Benidorm so I'm not familiar with the area at all. Thanks
There's a very large cheap Spanish supermarket facing the Flamingo Oasis who's name escapes me as they changed it the other year. I would suggest that you walk there which would take you around 15 minutes or so, (I'm not very good at estimating walking times) stock up on things then get a taxi back which would only be a few Euros.
There are a few small shops in the vicinity where you are staying but you will find that they will be more expensive, ok for topping up though. There is also a British Supermarket at the bottom of the hill.

There is a decent mini market passed the water ski along the front, look out for an estate agents on a corner and it's next door to that on the street. They also have a bakery department with freshly baked bread which is delicious and a greengrocer section too.

I'm sure you won't go hungry. :tup

The one Sue is talking about is Dia Dia.

There is also a masymas supermarket at the bottom of the street near the Levante Club Apartments (opposite on the main road).
Great. Thanks to you all. We'll just buy a couple of bags to tide us over the first couple of days until we can suss out the eating places and prices. We'll def be eating our evening meal out and depending on prices, might even run to the occasional breakfast and luch ;)
Oh Shirley, I nearly forgot, there's a medium size supermarket just up from the indoor market at the bottom of Calle Londre, that ones nearer and is ok but the one facing the Oasis is bigger and cheaper.

I agree with Sue the supermarket opposite the Flamingo Oasis is huge and there's a good selection there. There's a taxi rank outside the Flamingo Oasis so you will only have to carry your shopping over the road. The supermarket just up from the indoor market is good and quite cheap.

Watch it if you go in the one opposite the F.O. as the Spanish don't believe in queueing to pay at the checkouts!
just got back
and there are so many "price wars" going on with all the diffrent bars etc for your food
and many were doing a very cheap brekky for a few euros think it would be cheaper to eat out
I like the sound of that - even better Thanks
Thanks everybody. We'll be doing a mixture of eating out and eating in. Cheers!
We would normally have lunch at the apartment and evening meal out.
apart from an occasional breakfast we usually eat all our meals out - its one of the things we love about SC. This year however things will have to change.
If you are stopping in the Levanti club apartments there is a British
Supermarket on your door step.
Just head toward the beach and past the Dalmatas Hotel
The Supermarket is on your left.
Approx 50 yards
Thanks for that. It sounds like the closest to us just to get a couple of things till we get our bearings.
Also nearby is the Dial Prix supermarket

(on the opposite end of the road that the Eva Mar perches on if anyone can be more precise!)
I found all supermarkets in Benidorm were far more expensive for everything exept wine, Take what you think you will need as a lot of items are more than double the price than here.
Thanks Rwb, I think our cases will be crammed full of food this year :rofl We've got plenty of luggage allowance, but with 2 couples travelling to the airport in one car, we won't have much room for too many suitcases :duh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.