Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
benidorm
7 Posts
Hi mari ... it could be risky to base your holiday accommodation choice on that programme, as what you see there is not what you would get. A few different properties are used to create the one fictitious holiday complex which they feature. Filming locations include Hotel Sol Ocas Pelicanos, Buena Vista Apartments and Morgans Tavern. In fact one of the reasons that we don't have discussion in the forum specifically about the show is that some holidaymakers were becoming genuinely confused between the fiction and the reality of the accommodation and facilities.

When you say that you have priced a hotel at £1000 for self catering, which property is that ?

David :wave
That was the first hotel you mentioned. I never wanted to go to benidorm before i watched the show.
They don't do self catering at the sol pelicanos, it wouldn't be a bad thing if they did after past experience. :rofl
That was the first hotel you mentioned

Hi mari ... in that case, you may want to have a browse through our Sol Ocas Pelicanos topic, and feel free to post any specific questions there which you might have about that particular complex. However, it is a hotel and as scarborosmoggy suggests, rooms do not have self catering facilities. The self catering price you have quoted is therefore a bit confusing. Any kitchen facilities which you saw in the programme's fictitious complex may have been filmed elsewhere. I believe it was mainly external shots of the Ocas Pelicanos which were used in filming, such as the pool area.

David :wave
The rooms and balconies of the apartments were filmed at the Aquarium 2, the apartments face the pool at the Pelicanos but there is no connection. I won't say anything more about this as I know that the mods don't like us talking about the Benidorm series as it has no relevance to the Costa Blanca forum.

Sue :)
Did you like my Sol Pelicanos comment Sue. :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.