Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Seats!
There are so few places to sit for a rest unless you are on the Av. Mediterraneo or the prom.
I can't walk too far at a time but don't necessarily want a coffee or drink every time I need a rest.
Last week I stayed at the Levante Club Hotel (great hotel) but the walk from there to the sea with no break, was just too much for me. Had to use taxis or buses but taxis were expensive compared to earlier visits and even standing waiting for a bus was a strain at times. I would have much preferred to be able to walk halfway, have a 5 minute rest and then carry on walking. I appreciate that on many streets the pavements are too narrow for benches but even on the Av. Mediterraneo or the promenade there are too few and I would really appreciate somewhere to sit down without needing to buy a coffee I don't want. Alicante has seats just about everywhere. I love Benidorm but do wish it had similar areas for breaks.
Hi, sorry I know this is off topic but :offtop

Can I suggest if you can't walk far, to hire a mobility scooter, thats what I do. You can then go anywhere without the need for taxis .
All those lovely shops on the Avda Mediterraneo so many shops disappeared and ended up with all those tatty shops.Souvenir shops there are only a few but when I visit other parts of Spain I always end up with a Souvenir from a shop.The smells YES that smell when you got off your flight was heavenly!the Roasted Chickens on spits Paella's being cooked.The fragrance of perfume aftershave.Cigar smoke coffe cigarette's I don't smoke but that smell is wonderous when you arrive in spain.Oh well that's just some.I'm 14 days from it now can't wait will see what's changed what's closed and opened and will see that womderful promenade lit up at night and dream of what everyone is doing when you see the Bright Lights of Benidorm.
Sorry. Not yet ready for the scooter. Just want to sit and relax outside now and again. No problem in other UK cities or most resorts but Benidorm definitely lags behind in this respect.
Going to a different hotel at Christmas and won't find the same problems, but more seats would definitely add to to the ambiance of the resort
A modern Cosmopolitan type area with modern bars a little more upmarket without red plastic chairs and pub grub. Not that I don't like pub grub and cabaret bars but sometimes off an evening it would be nice just to have a night 'out' ;)
I think they could do a lot more with the harbour area too. Maybe a few more cosmo bars around there.
I have only been a few tines to Beni so maybe there are areas like this so let me know if there is :)
Last comments are true of Benidorm.It's mass tourism has declined so it does need to re-invent itself. The proposal of a Las Vegas type resort could do this.But this is aimed at the higher end of the market.The Entertainment is now looking well worn so some nice restaurants or bars would be nice.Trouble with Benidorm as my friend in travel says is that it's too political.
Interesting thread as I haven't yet been to Benidorm. I'm looking forward to my first visit April next year. I'm liking the idea of old fashioned cabaret bars and shows because we normally have quiet evenings in Greece and fancied a change. Hope it doesn't change too much before we get there.
i LOVE Benidorm - its just rocks - however i have yet to find a fab restaurant that i would then recommend to every one i know. I always go to the new town (so i know there probably loads in the old part) but i find its all pie and chips, indians, chinese, burgers and once you've had grub in one place its the same all over. beleive me ive tried and searched and found little places in nooks and crannys, get excited yet when grub arrives its never that good. So yeah i agree with previous posts a more cosmo feel.
Oh and how come theres never any Spanish restaurants to hand when were in Spain !??!?!
Scalder I don't think you can get more Spanish than Le Meson which is near the two Poseidon hotels?
Scalder, take a look at some of the places mentioned in this thread!

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=56851&hilit=El+Nino

Best Regards - Taggy
Scallder have you been to Tapas alley there are lots of nice looking restaurants there, mainly the Spainish eat here. I have not tried them as we have a young child who would not apreciate fine dinning.We have tried lots of Tapas bars here and a few Poniente side.
We had a sunday lunch at Ocars, this was very good, veg came in sperate dishes, we had to book though as then it was very popular. It`s changed hands since so not sure what it`s like now.

Not a spainish restaurant but full night and day Marianos food is very good, have you tried here the chicken, my oh says is the best he`s tasted and he`s tried alot. Mixed grill comes in second.
Agree about the Parmo!

Also I'd like to see a Salsa or Latin (dancing) bar or Club. Adds a bit of variety.
The only thing missing in Benidorm is MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! Cos I haven't been able to get out there this year due to health problems, but all you lucky so and sos who are going shortly - have a fab time and down a few sangrias for me??????? :rofl :cheers
Well I'm there next week.It's a shame when ill health prevents anyone from travelling my parents are in the same situation.They would love to go back to Benidorm but the travel insurance would be too high.My mother checks out the live webcams for Benidorm.
theres plenty of osmopoliton areas in benidorm, just wander the back streets of the old town. i cant believe people would go all the way to benidorm and not explore the best bit just a 20 minute stoll down the prom. dozens of fantastic restaurants in this area and even more tapas bars. The fact there are two distinct areas to benidorm are part of the appeal, the pubs and clubs of the levante and then down that beautiful beachfront a taste of authentic spanish resort as you near poniente.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.