Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
Benitses Corfu
6 Posts
Hi Lynn,

Here are some links to help you out......
HERE ,HERE and HERE

That should get you started. Have you tried the tab at the top of this site titled Resort Reports?

Hope these help, MrsMac
Thank you so much for the information. This is a great help.

Has anyone stayed at the Costa Blu. What is the food like please?
Hi,

Just returned from costa blu.
Here are my thoughts/opinions.

Newish hotel - 2 or 3 years old. Originally a small number of suites - many have now been divided into two small double rooms to make more money - we had one of these rooms - poor acoustics, could hear conversations in adjacent room through blocked up door. If you get one of these standard double rooms you will be sharing veranda / terrace with neighbouring room - certainly not "private" as described. Rooms small and basic. Some rooms better, bigger and more features. We had TV, no phone, shower room, two single beds - very dark and dreary. Ask for a room on top tier, try to get upgraded.
Good views from top tiers but some ground level rooms obscured by trees.
Rooms certainly not luxurious - ours was basic - I'd rate three star.
Mentions landscaped gardens - this is an overstatment - you can't exactly walk around gardens - mainly hard landscaping / concrete slabs in various colours.
Sauna is a one person polyytunnel tent contraption fitted over bed in a small room - you have to pay for it - I was expecting a standard sauna where you could go with partner or family.
Fitness centre is three machines.
Steam room, solarium, spa etc, are all small "wrap around" contraptions fitted on a bed, same principle as sauna - not as you would get in any gym membership here in UK. I don't know of anyone having used any of these facilities when we were there last week. I can't say I was surprised.
They mention wake up calls - this is ok if you have a phone in your room.
We didn't have a the coffee/tea maker mentioned, in our room.
Be aware that September seems to be running down for the end of season.
Staff were attentive and the hotel was clean.
Nice around the pool, especially at night - good lighting.
They have their own small area of pebble beach which is ok.
The hotel is located next to a main road which can be noisy. They counter this by having piped music all day long around the pool and also piped in the direction of the beach so that you can hear it on the beach too, even over sound of traffic - ok if you like their choice of pop/rock music - personally we found it very annoying.

We stayed half board - breakfasts were ok - all buffet, self service - cereals, bread, pastries, egg, bacon, sausage, fruit etc.
Dinner not quite so good. Admittedly it was a varied menu but if you arrived late, any dish involving a sauce would have formed a skin or be congealed as it had been sitting around in the "hostess" type trolleys for an hour or two. Typical menu would be - chicken curry, stifado, spaghetti, veg, salad - desserts maybe, creme caramel, fruit, small cakes.
There was mention of an a-la-carte restaurant - this was not operating when we were there - probably due to not having the minimum required guest numbers to break even.

Overall certainly not 5 star - more like 3 star.
Better not going half board and instead eating in Benitses - only five/ten minute walk away.
If you get a standard double room you will most likely be disappointed as these were formally suites now divided into small double rooms.
Staff were nice - no problems there, just a shame that hotel didn't live up to its description.

C
Hi carpal
I have requested this hotel be added to the review list. in a few days time please post a full review for the members to read

thanks

wizard
Thanks very much for the report. Very helpful. We have now decided to go to Rhodes instead.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.