Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi Nigel
The best months weather wise are July and August. I would never consider AI in Bulgaria, but try the Iberostar Sunny Beach. Very good reviews on this hotel.
I did some research into A/I's in bulgaria recently and came up with The Riu Helios which is in sunny beach and had very good all round reviews at the time (Also known as Helious Palace I believe). It's definately available through Portland /thomson.
We stayed at the Riu Helios Palace in Sunny Beach a good few years ago-not sure if my review's still on here. At the time it was rated as the best AI in Sunny Beach. I think the Iberostar actually opened whilst we were there. I remember walking past it when they were putting the finishing touches to the outside. It was quite close to the Helios (just across the road if I remember correctly). Both hotels in an excellent position. We stayed in August and although it was hot when the sun was out, we did have a few days with variable cloud and some rain.
Thanks folks, thr riu helios was one of the hotels i have been looking at , just got back from an " all in " in turkey , and we think thats the way to go now, as i said i know bulgaria is relativly cheap, but just like the all inclusive bit now.
Nigel, The Iberostar is a very good hotel and close to all the bars/restaurants. You may wish to also look at the Rui Evrika which gets excellent reports.

:sun2 Toonman
Thanks toonman , we were going to sunny beach about two years ago , but didnt go , the iberostar sunny beach was the hotel we were looking at then, and it is still getting very good reviews , will have a look at the evrika as well , thanks mate , up the magpies !! .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.