Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
All depends on how much you want/have got to spend. Places like Oia, Imeravigli (sp) and Fira are very nice, with top notch places to stay but expensive, typically - £1000+ per person. Then there's Perissa and Kamari, both very nice resorts and the 2 most popular, with prices from £350 upwards per person for a 2 week stay on a self catering basis.
If it was me, I'd choose Imeravigili.
Hi, We recently stayed at Taramix del mar in Kamira its a very nice small up market hotel to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. Kamira is a lovely resort we also visited Oia , Fira and Perissa which were all nice Oia and Fira are very expensive but are stunning places though rather crowded and we went in May. Our hotel cost us about £1000.00 for a week b+b . I think were ever you choose you will have a lovely time as we loved it. :)
Thank you!

Got some quotes for hotels in Oia and nearly fainted!!
Got some quotes for hotels in Oia and nearly fainted!!

LOL! Told you it was expensive. However it is your honeymoon......
I think that you can do Fira cheaper than Oia, and there are some breathtaking views to be had. Do an image search on Google and see.

Found some reasonably-priced-looking places on the following sites - just as an example (I reckon that you can come up with something that doesn't break the bank with a good scout around). I guess it all depends on whether a great location is key, or level of accomodation or price (or all three!).
http://www.lodging-world.com/search.gr.santorini._.fira.html
http://www.greekhotel.com/cyclades/santorin/fira/blueseasuites/home.htm
Have a look at Smaragdi Village Hotel in Perissa, I believe it is still through Kosmar but in any event the Hotel has its own website.

Les
I would second Smaragdi - read their reviews. We have stayed with them 5 times and been treated so well. IT's a home from home with afamily atmosphere.
You will have a brilliant time and the money you save you can use for treating yourself to some lovely romantic meals.
It depends really what you want from a honeymoon - do you want plush luxury or do you want trad. Greek hospitality? and how much you can afford to pay without paying "silly money"
Greeklass
We had a great holiday in Kamari in 2006. Can't think of the name of apartments at the moment but I'm sure it will come back to me. The resort was lovely with plenty of restaurants but contrary to popular belief there weren't loads of bars and it wasn't very busy, even in August. The beach was the usual dark sand and it was near on impossible to walk on it because of the heat :duh

We hired quad bikes and went all over the island in a few hours. Oia was beautiful. There were regular buses running from the centre of Kamari to Thira. From here you could get a connection to almost anywhere on the island. We had a night out in Thira- much more expensive than Kamari. I wouldn't stay in Oia or Thira unless money is no object for you. If budget isn't that important I'd stay in the picturesque Oia. Enjoy!!
HI JUST BACK FRM SANTORINI. STAYED IN ARION BAY HOTEL. FANTASTIC. ROMANTIC. YOU WILL LOVE IT THERE.
Sorry to crash the thread but also fancying Santorini for Honeymoon next October. Actually torn between there and Sorrento!?

Whats weather like and any suggestions as to where to go...

Plus any recommendations on where to stay? As its honeymoon would like to try and go at least 4 star without it breaking the bank.

Our budget is around £1200 (600 per person) and looking to do just a week as H2B hates fortnight and can't seem to see 10 days anywhere!

Any advice greatly appreciated!
Santorini is the MUST of Greece and also the most romantic place of Greece.
The scenery is amazing.
Personally, the best place there is Oia and Fira.
Fira is in the north of the island and Fira in the center. Oia is the most beautiful but Fira is also very nice. The thing is that Fira, as more centralized, gives more opportunities for visiting the other areas.

You can see a lot of information about Santorini on greeka.com/cyclades/santorini/index.htm
Yes Thira & Oia are beautiful, but they are usually at the top end of people's budget. We stayed at Kamari, and there are excellent bus links from there to all other resorts on the island. The whole island is such a romantic place and the sunsets are to die for. Wherever you honeymoon, you'll have a lovely time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.