Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Looks like i'll be sitting in the pubs myself!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Aww bless cidermonster - come on Estartit drinkers - give us a clue :rofl
Hi

I was waiting for someone else to fill in the blank, I only ever go June/July when everythings open (apart from this time)
Would have been an easy one to answer for me ... we used to always go to Jimmys/Itaca, but it's never open early season now (or at least it hasn't been in recent years)

we tend now just to pop into the Saratoga along from the Campsite entrance, but i was wondering if there are any other wee gems in the town that i may have missed! :lol:
We went to Barracuda a couple of times because of the play area for the kids out the back. Apart from that we checked out a few places down the marina area.
Is that the place here?

http://www.barracudaholidays.com/cafebarracudainl.html

What places did you check out down the Marina? I have to say that i don't object to British pubs, if that is what they truly are, but most of them seem to forget that Wales, Scotland, and NI exist, and a lot of the time i never feel that welcome/comfortable in them!

Sign of the times i guess!! :?
I looked at the map and i know where that one is ... remember the festa playa apartments being above a bar!

Can honestly say i've never been there, but maybe i shall be brave enough to check it out this time! If they have Irn Bru they must acknowledge the existence of Scotland :lol: :lol: :lol:
CM, yep thats the place. It was never as busy as that when we went in. As for the marina, we just tried a few different places, as we like to avoid the english pubs as much as we can. The only problem was the places in the marina are more expensive.
One fav place we found is a British run bar called the Spiral, across the road from the Flamingo Hotel (not appts). This was along the street when the weekly market takes place. They also do a really good breakfast and one of the best sangrias in Estartit.
I know where you are, Diane .... haven't tried that one either - my, im gonna be busy!! :lol:
We were in Estartit in March, and also at Easter weekend, and although things were closing up pretty early in March, there was a bit more life at Easter. In the town centre itself, the bars along the seafront were mostly open. We particularly like N'Gruna, opposite the marina, very popular with the locals, and I'd say one of the cheapest places in L'Estartit to get a glass of Estrella Damm. Can also recommend Bar Bernat and Kim's for a spot of people watching.

They were doing a lot of building work down by the marina when we were there, new parking spaces out by the sea wall, and a big paved area on the side of the marina. I'm going out there again next weekend, so will try and update as to what is open when we're there (most places were open on Easter weekend, but not sure if they were then staying open for the summer)

Hope this helps
Never mind the bars, are all the shops open in the main street? :)
Arghhh .... typical woman!! :lol:
Most of the shops were open on Easter weekend - but then L'Estartit was very busy that weekend. The shops were closing at around 9pm. When we went in March, there wasn't much open, but there was lots of activity with places being redecorated and stock up with this year's stock, I'll let you know how it looks next weekend, there are 12 of us ladies going, so I imagine that shopping will be on the agenda!
Remember and leave some stuff for me, Ill be there in 3 weeks!
If i see someone frantically shopping, i'll know it's you, Diane!! :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.