General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
what about bali?
you will definately get there,within your budget!
it's really cheap,when you get there,so you will save on your spending money.
the weather,will be lovely in oct.
it's a really nice place,plus you could book a cheap flight,to say singapore,for a few nights,so you get the chance to see,somewhere else,while you are over there.look on the air asia web-site & see where they fly to,they are a budget airline.we recently used them to fly,from malaysia to bali.the weather was alot better in bali,than malaysia,we went in nov,bali was scorching!
you won't be disappointed,
tracy
Thanks for the tip...I did think of Bali, but then thought it a little far away for 2 weeks.
Does anybody know anything about Acapulco? I've tried searching on various websites but most travel agents only deal with Cancun.My thinking is that as its further up the coast it may be out of the hurricane belt? Ideas? Also we were thinking maybe we could go to new york first.
Cheers Debs.
As Acapulco is situated on the Pacific coast of Mexico not the Caribbean like Cancun it is rarely subjected to hurricanes. I visited this resort a few years ago, it is a huge place, miles of Hotels most of which are high rise. The sea was polluted and we were advised not to swim in it. It is very geared up to the American market and high prices reflected this. I was only there for a few days and felt this was enough. This was a few years ago so things could have changed.
Okay thanks for the tip...Back to the drawing board!
what about puerta vallarta,in mexico?
this is on the pacific side.we have been in both nov & dec & had fantastic weather.
first choice do a package there,i think you get more, of a feel for mexico,than you do in cancun.
flight time is about 14 hrs,we refuelled both times in florida,where we got off & at least stretched our legs.
tracy
peurto Vallarta sounds good, i'm going to look it up right now.
Thank you.x
can recommend the royal decameron vallarta.
this hotel is an all inclusive hotel,right on the beach.
we were there in 99 & 2000 & had great holidays both times.
first choice & eclipse,now use their new planes,to travel there.in oct,on their web site,they are quoting £1599,which i think is a good price,as the hotel cannot be faulted.
tracy
Thanks Tracey.

It looks like there isn't any availability for mid oct ...Just keeps coming up as no availability at this time, next available date is the end of Oct.Do you know of any other companys that do this deal??? :bhead x
How about Goa? Most Uk tour operators only offer goa in our winter months - look at first choice as they offer the best flights long haul from the UK without going scheduled via Mumbai.
I did think about Goa, but for some reason First Choice do not have Goa in the drop down box on their site...I'm not sure why this is, maybe its because i'm using a Mac,i've also tried Eclipse but seem to have the same problem.Any other suggestions for a our operator?
have looked,on the first choice site.it seems, like they only fly,to puerta vallarta fortnightly,not weekly,which is why your preferred dates,aren't coming up.
are you sure bali is too far away? most people only go,for a fortnight.
it comes highly recommended on here.we did kuala lumpar,penang & bali,all in a fortnight,we didn't find it too much,but youv'e got to feel comfortable,with your choice.
tracy
It seems that Goa is only available from 1st november with First choice.

how about the Caribbean - you could just about get a lovely 4 plus star hotel in the Dom Rep or Cuba all inclusive for your budget. Weather is still in the 30's and hurricane season is just about over. To be extra safe I would head to the north coast of the Dom Rep - hasn't been hit by a hurricane in 20 years (just the odd slight brush with a tropical storm) - all the hurricanes seem to go either much further north or south of this coast.

Eclipse has the Riu merengue (which i have been to twice and is fabulous) for a bargain £1609 total for the two of you for two weeks departing 15th october, or for £1689 you can get the Iberostar Costa Dorada which is the number one rated hotel in the whole of the Dom Rep. That would then leave you free to swim with Dolphins at the world class facility - ocean world and you's still get around £200 change from £2000.

Bargain in my opinion.

Tracy
You are a star tracey! Not only a great destination but a mony saver too!
Thank you, i'm going to look it u right now....x :D
Happy to help.

I've stayed at both and they are both wonderful.

I always find Iberostar's to just have the edge over the Riu hotels - a tad better food and a much better choice of al a carte restaurants and they'll serve branded brinks (like baileys etc) which are not available at the Riu's. in my opinion they are just a little bit classier.

The riu's have the advantage of allowing you to eat and drink at 3 hotels rather than just one at the Iberostar, so if you get bored by one bar or the entertainment just toddle off two minutes down the path at the back of the beach and walk either left to the Riu batchata or right to the Riu Mambo. The Riu's also have litre bottles of Rum, Gin, Vodka and brandy in your room along with your mini bar which are all included in the all inclusive.

Have fun deciding!

Tracy
Right...I'm gonna start lookin n bookin...Thanks Debsx
Tracey...One more question.

How near to the airport is the resort??
Dubai?

Only a 7 hour flight and great weather.
Babbledebs,

You land at Puerto Plata on the North Coast and are the nearest resort to the Airport. Can't remember exactly how long it takes but its not a long journey anyway. I have stayed at Iberostar Costa Dorado also which was my first Caribbean holiday and I was very impressed. They have pink flamingos in the grounds and the hotel is extremely clean. You don't get the 'picture postcard' beach but the beach itself is still quite nice and you can go out on some fantastic trips and see some wonderful beaches!

SAM
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.