Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
It would have to be Honolulu, Hawaii. Beautiful beaches, amazing sites, and events emphasising the diverse heritage of the island.

Another plus point is that due to amount of hotels available any budget can be met, which means you may want to have some cash left over to start your married life together in style.
The post is in the Caribbean section so I'm not sure the poster wants to go as far as Hawaii.
My bad, I just caught up in the romance of the situation.

If you are looking for some to de-stress after the wedding, Jamaica is the laid-back capital of the world.
The Caribbean is very hot and humid in August. It's also rainy/hurricane season. If you don't mind that the Paradiisus Rio De Oro in Guardalavaca, Cuba is a lovely adults only hotel, or maybe one of the Couples properties in Negril, Jamaica. My personal preference would be Cuba.
You might have a look at a Caribbean cruise. Once onboard you get to visit a different resort every day or so and only have to unpack once. Beautiful beaches and clear turquoise water and all kinds of water sports and resorts to visit. It doesn't get any better. For a honeymoon I'd choose one of the Royal Caribbean cruises, lots of lively entertainment, good food and beautiful ships..
Hi all I haven't been on here for a while.......

:think Nor been back on since asking the question :que
sorry for the lengthy delayed response... recently moved house, moved jobs and been planning the wedding. still have not booked anywhere yet but after talking to various people i think we are aiming to get tom Mexico for the honeymoon, now i am just researching where to go... Cancun has a lot of everything if i am correct? lots of clubs and bars and good snorkelling? But I have also heard that Riveria maya is lovely too but less quiet!?!

Oh the choices...

is snorkelling good in all areas of mexico? Caribbean versus Pacific coast?!
I've just had a pm from a member. Unfortunately I can not seem to reply at all. So just wanted to thank you for your help. I think we are looking at Cancun or Rivera Maya. Thanks again. Dan
To clarify ,Riviera Maya is much quieter than Cancun,
BUT, important point,as mentioned earlier,it is hurricane season in the Carib. in August. I've travelled once in late July/early August and altho' we didn't get a hurricane we did get some torrential downpours,both morning and evening, and I found the humidity unbearable at times.eg drenched with sweat walking back from breakfast at 9am!! :cry
We stayed at Gran Bahia Principe Riviera Maya in the Coba section. Good facilities & the best food we have had in all the years we have travelled long haul but not much of a beach,no real snorkelling opportunities ;had to travel to one of the parks (Xel Ha ?) for the snorkelling.
we have been the last two summers(July/August) to Playa Del Carmen. We did get rain the first time- but only one day was a complete washout plenty of rain free days and then just perhaps one heavy shower a day. The second time we got no rain.
Barbados is the best Caribbean island to go to in summer. You will still get showers but less than other islands. We went one summer to Antigua and although it is a stunning island there was far too much rain for us and lots of hurricane advice!
Hi Dan,

Think the pm was from me ... hope it was of some help:-)

Regards,
Pat
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.