Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Hello Sue,

With both hotels being part of the 'best' chain, the standard of food in both hotels will be very similar, they are also both located in the same part of Salou. The Oasis Park is located on the main street running through Salou and the San Diego is set one street back.

Got to be honest, I don't overly rate 'Best' hotels. None of their hotels are bad but they are fairly bland. The main thing I suppose is that their hotels are clean. (Golden Hotels are always rated highly for food - these hotels are the Golden Avenida Suites and Golden Port Salou & Spa, available with Thomson)

I guess the deciding factor for me out of these two hotels would be atmosphere and for that I think the San Diego wins!

Whichever hotel you choose, there is loads to do in Salou and the surroundings so have a good holiday.

Mark
I am probably too late with this comment but we stayed in the Oasis park a couple of years ago and the food was horrible and cold.

Location wise I would probably opt for the San Diego as it is set a street back and should be quieter than being on the main street.
Thank you both for your replies. I have already booked the Oasis Park, so too late he he. We will make the most of it anyway, the more recent reviews seem better than the previous ones so we will just have to wait and see when we get there.

Thanks again.

Sue
hiya we just got back last week from san diego and it was what i would call adequate. The food is ok, the maid service was every day and the reception friendly enought, pool area ok - a bit down market to what I prefer but it was cheap and cheerful - you get what you pay for. We saw the Oasis Park when we were there and it looked a lot nicer than the San Diego.

hope you enjoy your holiday !
Having stayed at the Oasis Park I felt very similar about what Rhinocheeks says about the San Diego, its adequate. The Oasis does like nicer from the outside but I think they are of a fairly similar standard overall. Nothing to be concerned about but nothing to rave about either.

If you just use it as a base then you won't have any problems. There are many many worse hotels than these but there are also many many better.

Anyway the original poster has now booked and I think the important thing is that 'Best' hotels are clean and of a reasonable overall standard so not any major issues to be concerned about.

Relax and look forward to your hols - just don't go expecting the Hilton and I'm sure your expectations will be met.

Enjoy your stay.

Mark.
Thanks for your replies.

We don't tend to spend too much time in our rooms so I am sure it will be adequate. It sounds like I expected and as I got a good deal I am sure it will be fine. We have requested a pool view (away from the noise too) lets hope we get that.

We will have a great holiday thanks.

Sue
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.