Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi Cromwell1,

Mid-August is virtually peak season for Bulgaria - you may have some luck with late bookings on tour operators' flights, if you are able to take the chance and/or fly at short notice - otherwise you are may struggle to fly really cheaply as many 'flight only' offers are frequently nearly as expensive as full package holidays.

Bulgaria Air don't have their schedule for Manchester-Varna flights on their website yet - current one ends tomorrow. Keep a check on their website as you can sometimes get very good prices.

Baldur
The only 2 I can find at present, that land in Varna 14/21 Aug are First Choice from Manchester and Thomas Cook from Birmingham. Tonyt
Travel Supermarket and XL Airways are both worth checking out, have given me some good deals on flights in the past.
Travel Supermarket and XL Airways are both worth checking out

Travel Supermarket currently quoting £306+ to well over £1,000 per adult Manchester - Varna, XL Airways only showing flights to Bourgas.

Baldur
I could vary my options a little..... I have a week booked off mid July, and a week booked off 20th September.... :oops: ..... maybe I should look more towards the september date, cost wise....
I was in Bulgaria for 3 weeks last September, the first 2 were warm and dry but the 3rd was extremely wet with heavy thunderstorms. The weather the previous September was also pretty variable as far as I can recall.

You'll find that the resorts are starting to wind down from around mid-September, as the season draws to a close.

Baldur
:) Thanks for that Baldur...... :roll: .... I reckon it will be July or August then.... I need to get a suntan for my money, after all!! :wink: :lol:
We used Hemus air a Bulgarian airline out of Heathrow

Hope this is of some use
The Hemus group also owns Bulgaria Air - their Hemus Air summer 2007 timetable doesn't currently show direct Manchester-Varna (or even direct Heathrow-Varna) flights, so you'd need to fly to Sofia, then from Sofia to Varna. :roll:

Baldur
:oops: I'm sure my mother said that Sofia was around 5 hours drive away.... unless I have it wrong.... it has to be varna Airport for my destination, but thanks anyway :wink:
Hi cromwell1,

It is 5-6 hours from Sofia to Varna.

My response was to FJ_Biker, rather than you - to indicate that Hemus Air probably wouldn't be practical for you. :wink:

Baldur
Quote:
Travel Supermarket and XL Airways are both worth checking out

Travel Supermarket currently quoting £306+ to well over £1,000 per adult Manchester - Varna, XL Airways only showing flights to Bourgas.

Baldur

Well maybe not worth checking out in this case. I paid £250.00 for an adult day flight in August via travel supermarket, altho this is Manchester -> Bourgas.
Apologies for my misinformation, servers me right for listening to people on planes and not googling the information on Varna.

b.t.w. I pain around 120 UK pounds with tax last September for a return to Sophia using Hemus air.
Hi FJ_Biker

b.t.w. I pain around 120 UK pounds with tax last September for a return to Sophia using Hemus air.

I flew from Gatwick to Varna with BA for £56 return, including taxes, last September and the same route with Bulgaria Air last month for £74 including taxes - cheap flights are quite feasible out of season, not so easy in the summer months,

Baldur
Hi Cromwell

I booked 3 adult 1 child return flights Gatwick/Varna for £306 total price. This is for 20th Aug return 7th Sep this year. Bulgaria Air.

Flight is out on a Monday and back Friday the first week of school hence the price. Worth it though but I booked this directly after Xmas so not sure what they left.

If you are flexible with your dates then you can grab a bargain.

I left it late last year and nearly missed out on a decent flight but managed to get one for all 4 of us for £756 Balkan flying from Humberside early August. Again if you are flexible with your airports you can wait for a deal. However I did not want that hassle again this year so my advice would be to shop around now then you can relax.
Baldur I am fully aware of this but due to work I could only take certain dates, I am only trying to be helpful.

Bye
Hi FJ_Biker

I am only trying to be helpful.

I wasn't suggesting otherwise, merely passing on information about possible flight prices (for general board members - not specifically yourself).

Baldur
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.