Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
puerto rico will be just ideal for exploring. its a good base and very lively. Taxi's are cheap, there is a good bus service and there are plenty of places to hire a car if you want to explore on your own. I would visit Mogan..just lovely and picturesque...
Hello again, thankyou for your reply! Sounds interesting and I think I might just hire a car!

Just been hunting about for some deals, but everything I come across for Gran Canaria is a 4am flight back to the UK! Now, I'm assuming that we'd be booted out the hotel the day before, so what can we possibly do until the transfer comes to pick us up? If we get booted out of hotel like 10-12am the day before the 4am flight back, we'll be loitering around virtually 'homeless' for quite a while! Plus it'll be quite tiring...

All of this faff on at the end of the holiday I think would prove to be one huge negative on what could be a great holiday...is there any alternative or solution to this problem?
everything I come across for Gran Canaria is a 4am flight back to the UK! Now, I'm assuming that we'd be booted out the hotel the day before, so what can we possibly do until the transfer comes to pick us up?

Our flight home from GC was at 2.40am and our pick up from the hotel was at midnight, we paid an extra €24 for a late checkout room at our hotel (Las Margaritas in PDI) I think most hotels offer this option. Although we weren't able to keep our nice spacious family room and had to move to a tiny single room, this didn't matter because we weren't planning on sleeping in it, just somewhere to keep our stuff, have a shower, get changed, stash last-minute shopping into the suitcases etc... The room was ours until the coach came at midnight. It was well worth the extra €24 (about £17) :)
Anyone got and advice, recommendations, info etc. for the best part of Gran Canria for activities such as paragliding, helicopter rides, camel safaris etc.?

We went on a great camel safari in the mountains up in Fataga, we booked it from an agent near the beach in PDI (I'm sure they'll probably have agents in Puerto Rico too) and they picked us up from the hotel, filmed the whole day, and took us back to the hotel in the afternoon. Well worth looking out for! :wink:
Where are you flying from and when were you intending to go? We got fantastic flights from Doncaster in March ( well they would have been if they were on time coming back!)..and we have got great flights again when we return in November. Departing Donny at 9.20am and departing Las Palmas at 2.45pm.

Did you decide on Puerto Rico? it is a good resort but some of the hotels/apartments are a long way back from the beach ( a 2 day trek by donkey in some cases!). Still, if you are up for adventure and exploring, PR is a good place to start..
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.