Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Best time of day
62 Posts
Mine too, a sunset in Goa has to be seen to be believed. A cocktail, some nice mood music playing, absolute bliss :)
With you both on that. Sunset.
Any time just as long as its not time to go home.... :(
I went to a Mambos a couple of times and got back to my room at around 5-6am.....cough!!

The bird song at that time of day was amazing. However, I am never ever up at that time of day and so I agree with you all and say...sunset sitting sipping beer at a shack :tup
Whatever the time is when our plane lands in Goa! :fly :fly
Here are a couple of nice sunsets to get you in the mood. :)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/mmacbain/Goa/sunset-1.jpg
Sunset on Bogmallo Beach. :tup
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/mmacbain/Goa/P1000485a-1.jpg
On the Sunset Cruise up the Mandovi. :cheers
We have to disagree!

Sunrise is fantastic as it heralds the start of another beautiful day watching the orange sun rise in to the sky changing as it goes.
Walking on the beach with our dogs and just the birds, sometimes dolphins and the fishermen pulling in the nets is to us the best time of the day.
I'm with you Cocopop, first thing in the morning, up at the crack of breakfast and out just before it gets light, the air is cool,it is very quietand in the first hour you will see more different types of birds than you will see the rest of the day. :offtop Ihope you and mr cocopop are feeling better, see you soon Danny
The things I love about early mornings are the smells and the birdsong and the crispness of the air. Seeing people getting up for another day....showers in the gardens, kids getting ready for school, sweeping smouldering leaves, slopping pots of water and endless teeth cleaning!

Sundown is special too, especially at quieter beaches when a shack is playing some Goan chill out music. A slow Kingfisher as the sun sinks and the sky glows crimson is the ultimate chiller!

Do I have to choose? :que
:wave:In Goa you can do both
thats why it is so good :sun2
Pat
Any time of day is good......Not often up and about very early but when I have been I have particularly enjoyed watching the locals going about their every day activities. When we stayed in a private rental it was interesting to see the comings and goings at the house next door, the young servant girl going about her chores (poor kid was often being chastised which I didn't like at all) :( And by golly she did work hard too. The man who came to repair some wooden furniture and did so on the balcao and seemed to enjoy having an audience. The stall holders who rented rooms at the back of the house were in and out all day long, the daughter going off on her scooter for work and being met by several different lads at the end of the lane :) And the old dear across the way pottering out each morning to the outhouse - very regular she was too :D Poor old soul struggling to reach the fruit in her tree with a long stick - took her ages but she managed eventually. The flat next door where "gilly gilly" the magic (and fire eating) chap lived. He was often up on the flat roof practicing something new so it was very entertaining to watch him perfecting his fire eating act. Watching the lads in the Royal Heritage (which we overlooked) start their day, very sluggish and bleary eyed - poor chaps. Watching kittens playfully scampering about on a nearby flat roof. Discretely watching the owner of our place saying prayers at her little garden shrine. Oh and the green parrots and a pair of kingfishers that were flying about nearby - lovely. As we were tucked away "out back" I thought it would be a bit dull and we would miss out on a lot, how wrong could I be, there was always something interesting going on whatever the time of day. :cheers
i'm with you Roma both are great... sunrise and sunset, i love listening to the birdsong and bread boys etc first thing with a nice cuppa !!! TEA!!!! ;) and then watching the sunset too is great in the shack with a shiva cocktail ahh bliss
I'm not too keen on the bread boy's "poop poop" horn at 6 in the morning!!!!
well that made me giggle...could it be anything to do with a sore hhead!!?? :D
well i didnt like to say it ...but thought exactly that :rofl
chilly
Morning time. ;)

Waking up and finding I'm still alive and the honey bee hasn't killed me :rofl :rofl
Sunset for me.Cold kingfisher after a long hard day at the beach watching the beach day come to an end.
i love any time in goa,
one of my favs is when the plane door opens and the heat hits you,and then so does the smells,oooh i can almost smell goa now
also love having a kings on the beach watching the sun set on a perfect day ,and knowing there are plenty more perfect days to look forward to
xx
counting down the time till we get there
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.