Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
hi Raq
Where are you staying in Mexico? And are your children young?
Hi Fiona,

We are staying at Grand Sirenis in Riviera Maya Hun.

I hope this is a good choice as we usually stay at a RIU hotel!

I am a bit nervous about the change!!

Out children are 11,9 and 3 although they are the hight of 15,14 and 4-5 if trips were hight restricted.

Thanks honey x
I just had a look at the Xel Ha website and if you book with them online its about £240 for the five of you with transportation or £160 without and a further £270 if all five want to swim with dolphins.
http://www.xelha.com/
I would suggest that if you all do want to do the swim, that you split up and do it over 2 sessions. It costs an arm and a leg to buy their photos and video. Best if one of you can.
I may be wrong in this assumption but I got the idea that Xeh Ha would be more suitable for older children. Xcaret is great for all ages. Have been to Xcaret and will probably return this summer.
I looked on their too, I also looked on the Captain Hook boats own web site and for the two trips inc transport I think it was working out at just under £600...... Thomsons were charging £1000!!!! But was a bit uncertain with regards to having to change due to weather, etc.

If you have never been on the Captain Hook trip we highly highly recommend it Hun, it's amazing!!!!

Xx
Never go with thomsons, way way expensive. We were in the riu yucatan near the playacar travel agency called maya tours. > We did Tulum, mayan villages and saw their shacks and met them, had a fab lunch at coba, climbed coba ruin/pyramid, then went on free bikes or a tuk tuk style bike that thomson do not do, otherwise it is 2 miles of walking !!!! then went to ackumel to swim with turtles. All that cost £50 each. From 7.30am until 5pm, you were in a small mini bus with english speaking people, they have a huge cooler with beer and soft drinks that lasted all day, the lunch was included. Fantastic trip. The same trip with thomson was £100 more !!!
The dolphin trip is half the price than Thomson, as it was a gated community in playacar you knew you were safe. One thing i was dubious about was the little huts that sell txts to everyone, be-careful, you do not always get what you pay for. Any trip you book especially dolphins, get the person to write down your itinerary and whether lunch is included. Two of my friends did the same trip, different times and one had to pay for lunch, it was bought from the hotel beach kiosk. Shop around, and listen to others when you get there as to whether they are good or not :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.