UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Hi Groovee,
You could try The Deep in Hull, theres plenty to do for the family - if you like looking at fish and oceanic life!
Retail therapy in York as well as the museums, walk the city wall and much more.
Hornsea Freeport also for retail therapy.
Scarborough is lovely - the beach is lovely, if you dont want to climb back up hill - there are cable cars.
If you not from these parts - there is Holmfirth - home of 'Last of the Summer Wine' tv series near Bradford way. Nice if you like walking moors, there are some lovely walks round the breathtaking scenery.

As for Beverley - not only my home town - but home to the racecourse, Westwood (where you can find an icecream and perhaps a burger), there is a Wednesday and Sat markets. There is the Minster, St.Marys and St.Nicholas churches. Plenty of nice shops and eateries and pubs.
Try White Horse (Nellies) pub where it is gas lit and warmed with 6 fires! Its a lovely old worldy pub - not to be missed!

Theres John Bull Rock shop at Carnaby - on way to Bridlington - where you can see it being made and last time I was there, you could have a go for a fee. Theres also a pottery that way too with birds of prey and factory out let shops.

When in Beverley visit the Tourist info close to Wednesday Market - they will be able to help you too.
Hope you have a great time. ;)
Thank you so much, lots to start investigating.
The North Yorkshire Moors Railway is good - get an early train from Pickering for a day trip to Whitby and back. Are the old ladies (sisters) still running Nellies? They can't be because they were really old when I used to go there about 40 years ago!!
Abit before my time Oklahoma - but the same family has run it for the last 100 yrs and now they are looking for someone to run it for them!
Yes it won't be the sisters but maybe their offspring!!
We had a fantastic time in Beverley. I need to get the cottages added as a review on here. We're hoping to go back and visit very soon as there is so much to do in the area.

And I had a visit to Nellies courtesy of my friends. That was an experience and I got asked to leave :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.