Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
At the end of the day you are only assuming there was no contract in place at the time you made your booking... It was some 6 months after your confirmed your holiday that you were contacted to advise the contract was dropped for your chosen accommodation.
Having worked with a major UK tour operator I would say the timing of that notification is quite feasible given that resort offices may close for winter and hotels may not all stay open during the winter period from the end of October until the start of the summer season when the resort staff go back to their posts - end March, early April.
As to the comparisons, they will not compare the price you paid for your holiday - they will compare a "like for like" in relation of hotel grading (using the local/country rating system - not the tour operators rating) and facilities offered as well as being able to offer the same board basis where possible.
Again, Med Hotels are quite correct in that they do not have to deal with you directly as you have no contract directly with them - your agents are the only people who can contact them on your behalf. This is exactly the same principle had you booked a holiday in UK via a Thomas Cook or similar high street travel agent. Any contact from a problem arising through the Tour Operator can only handled by the Agent you booked with.

None of it is good news. But, you could ask Travel Republic to see if there are any other hotels which you may be able to go to which are close to your original choice? Search the Med Hotels website and see if you can find an alternative that maybe they can switch all of you to. But each Lead Name will need to instigate the change on behalf of their passengers.

Unfortunately, when booking a holiday such as this where there are a number of parties all travelling together it's always better that each accommodation reservation is booked through the same agent or operator and quoting the Lead Name and Reference Numbers in each case to tie the bookings together. This way, if one is moved - then all of the corresponding bookings should also be moved.
Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Apart from conjecture, one vital point that Med Hotels have refused to answer is Why, at the time that Med Hotels told me they had lost the contract, were they offering exactly the same accommodation that i booked in September 2012, albeit for a higher price?. They have continued to offer availability on this accommodation right up until this minute!

This is my reason to believe that they accepted my booking in Sept 2012 and when they were given the hotels prices for 2013 they found themselves having sold it too cheap. Therefore not wanting to suffer the difference.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.