Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
What did you mean you got 25 and spaniards got 25? Do you mean the police only gave you half your money back?

Karen
Sorry to hear that,
I'm guessing she meant they stole 50 euros but dropped 25 as they ran!
Bit of a blonde moment there, lol. Thanks
I'm unclear here

Were you assaulted or attacked?

Or just drunk?

If its the latter then that can happen in any city in the UK and I've known it to happen

You might as well post 'don't get drunk' warning if thats the case.
:? :? :? were you drunk when typing this as well bennish?
My friend went to an ATM and withdrew approx £100 just after a lady :?: came up with a small girl and drop something getting his attention soon after he went into a shop to pay for something and his wallet was missing is not a young person and like he said i have told lots of people to be careful of pick pockets in Benidorm but for this moment he was not on the ball. This lady :?: must have been watching the ATM SO BE WARNED
JKKne ... yes, it can happen anywhere, but bennish is only giving a simple warning about pickpockets. The circumstances seem prettty clear as described.

Danny H ... there is really no need for comments like that. Feel free not to post when you have nothing constructive to add to a topic.

David
as a regular visitor to benidorm, I would like to add to the above comments.
Firstly, sorry it happened. As David mentioned, this sort of thing happens in every English city regularly and also, much more frequently at other holiday resorts around the world-which of course doesn't make it right.
There seems to be a few threads on this board at the moment with warnings of different types of nastyness. Does it mean Benidorm is getting rough, in my opinion, no it doesn't.
Personally, I haven't been involved in/or seen any real problems in Benidorm in over 15 visits over the last 10 years. I've heard about scams and things and managed to avoid them, but perhaps I am more wary now in Benidorm than I used to be, and that naturally results in me avoiding situations by instict, or perhaps I've just been lucky!
In any case, I don't think there has been a significant deterioration in various forms of 'rape :P ' (just booked again for november)
I suspect there has been a very slight downturn though.
I pray that the police/powers that be start to be a bit more firm with the various allsorts in Benidorm and nip things in the bud before they really do get worse.
I noticed when I was in benidorm that there were a few beggars sitting very close to the cash points!
I ended up getting money out elsewhere I was so suspicious!
I too would like to say that I have had no problems in Benidorm.
I don't delude myself that these things don't happen and paint the town as the paradise in the med, but whilst it is little comfort to the original poster and I send my sympathies to her, we must not allow this to be taken out of all proportion.

Benidorm has a permanent population of 67,000 people, plus the tourists, plus the low-life and it is inevitable that opportunist thieves will lay in wait for the vulnerable victim.
If you are an illegal immigrant then you have no papers to allow you to legally work, you have no social benefits to fall back on, so the only way you are going to survive is by either working in the black market or robbing and stealing from the people who have the money it's not right and I'm not making excuses for it, but it is a survival instinct in a cosmopolitan town, just as it is in London, Leeds, Manchester or Barcelona"¦you name it, we can apply it.

You really have to ask yourself this, would you walk around alone in a strange town at 3 in the morning or even your own town.?
My answer would be No, I certainly would not and I'd think twice about opening my own back door at 3 am and then you have the added problem that you have consumed far too much alcohol by placing yourself in that situation, then you are a sitting target for the low-life.

The last time I was staying at the hotel Los Dalmatas a guy was jumped upon just on the edge of the drive to the hotel.
He was tanked up and the scumbags had followed him when he staggered out of the nearby bar at 2 am, they lay in wait in the hedge and whilst one grabbed him from behind, the other one stole his wallet and threw him to the ground.
It was all over in a matter of seconds and the guy was a big guy, but he admitted that had he not been intoxicated, then he would have had these two for sparing partners and made mincemeat out of them....he was quite embarrassed that he had been so stupid getting so tanked up and leaving his brains behind, he learnt a hard lesson by letting his guard down and thinking he was in paradise city.

I'm very observant and have seen people doing the most stupidest things that they wouldn't do at home, some of them deserve all they get.! Who walks around a market with their purse on the top of their handbag with the zip open.? Who walks in dimly lit places in the early hours, worse for ale.?

For all the number of cases that come to the media attention, think of all the ones who have been in the same situation and nothing has happened to them....think of all the thousands of tourists who enter and leave Benidorm, week in, week out without any problems.
It's the law of averages, if you keep putting yourself in this situation then the law of averages will one day make you a victim.
You can take precautions and still become a victim, it's the sign of the times in an era of greed and survival, but why hand it to these scumbags on a plate.?

Sanjiiiiiiiiiii
I can only agree with you Sanj 100% , as I have posted on here before that my hubby and I were assaulted by a gang of guys who then tried to rob us. They guys that did it were british guys but the people I blame most were me and hubby. We were totally niave to the fact that it was late at night we were very drunk we had all our cards and money on us and it was the biggest wake up call we ever had. Somthing we would never do at home here, like I say it was an experience that could have happened at home but has since made us a lot more wary on holiday.
Hi Deb.
I can remember you posting and if my memory serves me well, it was a group of Spanish guys that came to your rescue.?

You only have to look at the figures for the prisoners in Spanish jails, I had these figures at one point, but have ditched them :cry: and whilst I cannot quote the exact figures at this moment, I can tell you that the last time I looked, the highest percentage of prisoners being held in jail are not Spanish, but foreigners.

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiii
It may be best if this topic just serves as a general warning about pickpockets and the likes (those incidents which can of course happen anywhere) rather than move on to issues such as foreign nationals, prisoner numbers, etc.

Many thanks
David :wave
Soz David :oops:

Got carried away there, trying to give an insight into who is doing these petty crimes.

Wrists slapped. :lol:

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.