Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
My friends just come back from Calella and said a man in their hotel had had €100 stolen whilst in Barcelona.
The slickest pickpocket I heard of in Barcelona targetted someone from a cruise ship. The guy felt himself being jostled and felt reassured when he patted his back pocket and his wallet was still there.

However when he got back to the ship and opened his wallet, his cruise card and credit cards were gone. They had removed them and put the wallet back in his pocket.

luci :wave
You shouldn't put your wallett in your back pocket in ANY city in the world! Including Britain. It's an open invitation to thieves.
My son has just got back from a stag weekend in Barcelona and he has had his mobile phone stolen, the brother of the 'stag' had his wallet stolen with about £100 in, the thieves used his credit card to hire a car.

How can people do that to young lads, it spoils their holiday that they work hard for, he said he had it taken from his pocket and he never felt a thing.
tbh I don't think they care who they take from! Candy from a baby so to speak!
You don't have to be in barcelona either!!!

Pineda Market - handbag pinched
Malgrat train station - a mobile and wallet out of a backpack that was being worn.
Pineda train station - man had his bumbag pinched never felt a thing
2 more thefts at Pineda train station

The mobile and wallet were mine!!!
I had been standing with my back against a wall whilst waiting for the train, but they musthave got them in the rush to get on the train-it was in the middle of a thunderstorm.

When we discovered the theft reception staff at the Taurus Park helped fill in an online police report which i took a copy of to the police station the next day! Apart from 1 question about my phone it took all of 20 mins in the police station.

What Kelli from the Taurus park asked if I knew/seen who had taken it, I said no, she did say it would probably be Romania looking people!
When I got home my T-mobile bill had calls to Hungary and Romania (i had cancelled the phone with t-mobile but they hadn't actually done it and they refunded everything from the time i called them) so she was right!
Hi everyone, just back from Santa Susanna and the pickpockets were out and about, we saw a lady pick pocketed along the evening market stalls, they were chased but not catched. My husband purchased a saftey bag before we went that has metal through the straps so it cant be cut from behind and put a small padlock on zip rings, may sound over the top but would reccomend it for peace of mind.Bag was purchased from Argos. Please everyone take care.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.