Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Aliceadventures wrote:
http://www.travel-rants.com/2009/06/19/apology-to-dialaflight/

If you suspect, or know they are not genuine, please can I suggest you report them.

HT is a well administrated and highly moderated site on which every post is read and considered by someone.

It's evident if you are a regular user who has been a member for some years that they consistently review all controversial posts especially those that may involve them in litigation. Many posts are deleted or edited by mods and admin if deemed unsound. I don't use travel rants so have no idea if they are as vigilent.

Posters occassionaly dont like the hard line approach taken by HT in instances when they feel they have a genuine compliant, but at least this means the above scenario is less likely to happen.
The unfortunate truth is that the internet can be used quite successfully to launch vitriolic and often unfounded attacks on individuals and companies alike.

The popularity of a site like this one or MSE can mean that a complaint against a smaller Tour Operator in a forum like this can actually rise quite high in a natural google listings. I've seen one company where a complaint made on a weddings and honeymoons forum rose to number 4 in the natural listings for the google search for that company. Naturally that had an extremely negative effect on the company despite having overwhelmingly positive customer experiences.

A small hotel group in Indonesia which many of us using the Far East Forum adore has been targetted by an individual for many years and whose anti-hotel blog is again very high in natural listings (and costs the hotels many bookings - unfortunately the individual lives overseas so they cannot take action). I won't say who as it would only increase the number of clicks this individuals hate filled website receives (you can PM me if you really do want to know!).

That's why it's important that sites, especially ones dealing with holiday complaints are well regulated. Holiday Truths is one of the best moderated sites i've come across.

I've read Darren's website a few times, and it's full of interesting articles and debates, however, by his own admission did not moderate, investigate or seemingly allow Dialaflight a right of response (although i'm sure there is much behind the scenes we do not know). I'm sure that they didn't take legal action lightly, but it's important they did as it is so important to protect their brand names against highly public individual attacks.
I know some members feel HT's admin/mods are too strict when it comes to potentially libellous comments, copyright law etc but this demonstrates clearly just why we are.

I'm speaking for myself there, not for the team by the way! :) I'm sure they all feel the same though.
Yes I think we all feel the same Pippy. I know I have made myself unpopular on occasions by editing or removing comments.

Also there are a lot of first time posters that seem to use us just to air their 'grievances' or slate companies, never to visit the site again.

Kath x
Also there are a lot of first time posters that seem to use us just to air their 'grievances' or slate companies, never to visit the site again.

This unfortunately is something that seems to becoming the norm.

People really should think before posting. Calling a TO a rip off merchant might make you feel better but you had better be able to prove it. The case this week where a court ruled that a blogger could not hide behind a used name has far reaching consequences. That TO you called names may now be encouraged to take legal action.
It is not only you the poster who is liable but the owners of the site also, hence the removal or editing of posts by the Mods.

fwh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.