Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I went with my friend to Hisaronu last year for a week, there was plenty going on there but as it isn't too big you got to know people really quickly. During the day the resort was relaxed but of an evening it came to life with plenty of bars, most put on a show by the waiters which were fun. Time Out and Attika being 2. http://www.attikabar.com/

You get the dolmus down to Olu Deniz beach where there are restaurants etc so you have the choice of 2 resorts.

Info on Hisaronu:- http://www.hisaronu.co.uk/

Have been to Icmeler which I too liked but it was too long ago for me to give any information as it may have changed. I suppose with Icmeler you can easily get a dolmus into Marmaris if you are a bit nervous of breaking away from your family favourite resort.

Good luck with making your decision.
alizda,

I would second Icmeler. If you've never been, you may be pleasantly surprised and can always nip over to Marmaris as and when as well as Turunc and other places. I've got friends we normally meet in Icmeler going out in 2 weeks.

Darren
Of course Icmeler, why would you even consider anywhere else ;)
Seriously though, I have been to every resort and more around Turkey and Icmeler with its close mountains and crystal clear waters in the bay is the best by far

Quiet bars and noisier bars if you wish but the most important thing, smaller than Marmaris so better for walking around

Try it you wont be dissapointed

For Value For Money Custom Holidays To Turkey Click Here- http://www.Icmeleronline.com

John
Tracey, 9 years to the same resort says it all really, perhaps you should have been a little more adventurous and tried more resorts before settling on Marmaris. You've got Altinkum, Kusadasi, Bodrum/Gumbet, Side, Alanya and Antalya to name but a few. Of your short list, Icmeler comes out on top with Hisaronu/Olu Deniz coming in a close second.

Les
I have been to Kusadsi,Marmaris,Icmeler,Dalyan,Side,Alanya,Gumbet,Bodrum,Olu Deniz,Fethiye,over the last 22 years and of all these places Icmeler is my favourite.
I went to Calis Beach in May for a change and wished I had gone to Icmeler.
It has something for everyone,is very scenic,lovely friendly locals,fabulous restaurants at very reasonable prices and is very very clean.
I am off in 4 weeks and wouldnt go anywhere else in Turkey. :sun2
We went to Hisaronu for a change as we normally go to Marmaris,must say that we preferred Marmaris,(more to do) plus got eaten alive by mozzys.
I know what you mean alizda, marmaris has gone very quite now,not the fun place it used to be.We were having a meal in the piccadilly one night and the waiters were dancing when one of the waiters called out,the music went off and they went off to work again.When we looked across the road a couple of police on motorbikes were watching them and the manager had to go across ,bad a ,we used to love the dancing waiters.The Aussie bar wasnt as good as when Gary was there.
I'm with Glynis here...Hisaronu every time...three resorts in one...down to Olu Deniz for the beach...and dolmus opposite direction for 25 mins and you're in Fethye. Plenty to do and see too.
uurrgghh!!! the aussie bar!!! bloody ***** since garry left lol!! we met some friends there this year who always stay at the Kocer - i ripped my dress on one of their chairs cause it had nails sticking out of it - they all just laughed at me! horrible people (and I never say that about the turks)

we went to see garry at his new place - he was like a fish out of water up there bless him x serving in a restaurant bar really doesn't suit him!!! have seen some rather not nice comments about him on one of his facebook pages, seems he's had a lot of stress lately - hope he sorts it out cause i do like garry x
Thats not good is it,the chairs should be thrown away.We went to go in there and asked where gary was but they didnt want to know,so we left.Its a pity we didnt know where he was working when we were there we would have gone and seen him.He made the aussie bar.We also used to go to the albatross bar and were friendly with the staff there but thats gone as well.
aaww thats a shame - he was at the welcome inn hotel, its on the main crossroads that leads into Armultulan (opposite corner from September restaurant and Trotters bar - by pasha nightclub) x if you're on facebook he has a group on there x
I think Turkey in general is going downhill,that's last 4 years we've been and it's lost it's appeal to us.The cost of everything is steadily rising every year.It's more expensive to drink there now than back home if you drink imported spirits such as J.D. :que
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.