Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Hi , the best way to Barcelona from Santa Susanna is definately the train , also to get to other resorts Lloret , Blanes, Tossa the train and bus links are superb, Malgrat is in walking distance , so are Pineda and Calella, i cant comment or recommend places to eat and drink with a romantic atmosphere as we usually go as a family . Hope you have a great holiday .
ditto the train, it was around 23E for the 4 of us RETURN to go to Barcelona,, and about the same ot go to tossa,, that was a train to blanes, and a bus to lloret, then another bus to tossa.,,, sound complicated but its not, the buses only went to one destination, no stops inbetween to worry about ... think youl get a pool view, the beach is a bit away inbetween hotels,,,,,,, its also right on the main road, the pool is,, well i mean its on the main drag, .....as for romantic drinkies,,,,,,, dunno, dont do romantic ;)
have a good time, hope the weather is better than ours was,,,,,
Thanks for the replies peeps, so even with a hire car the train is still a better option for Barcelona??

Llindy did you have terrible weather then??? And do you reckon most of the rooms at the onabrava have a nice view of the pool then??

If anyone whos just returned from the hotel wants to tell us how fantastic it was that would be great

Also any day trip ideas??

Thanks again for your advice guys.

Ben
Haven't been this year so cant comment on weather , but last year in August when i was there the weather attrocious. As for day trips as i said in my ealrier post , other resorts are close enough but not much differenece between them all , if you have a hire car then Gerona would be a good day out , also Estartit, or even a drive down to Salou, but i dont think a week is long enough to fit it all in
we went in 2006,,,august, too,,, it rained for almost the whole 2 weeks, i never sat out on the balcony at night as it was windy and cold,,,, i took a brolly for instant shade for my kids, never expected it to be used for its purpose,,, people were buying cardis and sweatshirsts,,,,,,,,,,, really put me off going abroad .... especially as in UK it was hot,!!!
Crikey that sounds bad on the old weather front!! Although being Cornish I'm used to rainy summers on the beach :sun2

Salou is a new one to me, must look into it.

Many thanks again you two.
Ben
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.