Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Bingo in turkey
17 Posts
Find it a bit odd when they have horse racing :)

allegedly allowing illegal bingo - a form of gambling - without a licence.
...So if they had a licence then they would have been ok :wink:
yes cause they have a betting shop in fethiye which i use to bet on the football seems like its a rule they enforce when they feel like it
most waiters have a gamble on the football perhaps this is the new thing under the new leadership
maybe they cracking down so as not to turn it into mini blackpool .

Well that's a good thing, as we don't want the resort to be overrun with blue rinse oap's :shock: :lol:
Just read on the turkish daily news that britons arrested for playing bingo in didim :shock:
Just read on the turkish daily news that britons arrested for playing bingo in didim Shocked

Guessing that their number is up then :shrug
IDDAAS is the government run betting agency and is the only legal gambling allowed in Turkey. the Turks are terrible gamblers/cheats and private enterprises have been so crooked in the past that they have been banned. Unfortunately this includes bingo, lotto, tombola,cards and guess the weight of the cake!!!
They played bingo one evening at our hotel near Side. It took about an hour and a half to play one game! They called out each number in several languages. Their English was so heavily accented that you couldn't make out the numbers for sure. I was praying not to 'win' in case I had got the numbers wrong!
Hi mehmeh

They played bingo in our hotel(we didnt play though)but it wasn't for cash,the main board was for a free stay next year.
I can't remember if there was a prize, but I do remember they threw the winner in the pool! Another reason to be glad I didn't win, especially in my evening finery....
played bingo in a restaraunt in icmeler in august .cash prize
i wont miss bingo if it is banned...
i think theres nothing worse than having to sit quietly for an hour or so while the wrinklys play bingo, as ive found on other hols...
holidays are for fun and bingo players are serious, they want quiet.
chrisweaving i find youre comment most offending, i am not an old wrinkly at all,far from it,infact my 16 yr daughter who played bingo too is not wrinkly, i dont play it at home but dont mind a game to help boost the numbers after all these restaraunt /bar owners are\struggling this year to attract business xxx jan
I dont care whether you like bingo or not this is the Turkish authorities and tourism industry shooting itself in the foot yet again. wouldnt it have been better for the image of tourism if the police had gone to the place and explained that the bingo was not allowed and just stopping it? instead they cart the offenders off to the station ala midnight express and cause yet more bad publicity.

Then the tourisnm minister will be complaining that tourist arent coming and blaming everybody but his own country men for the problem.
Ladyjan, please forgive me. i didnt mean to offend you nor was i directing my post at you. After reading my post again it does come accross rather nasty but i can assure you i didnt mean it to. It was supposed to be more "tongue in cheek" but doesnt read that way sorry.
On our last hol my wife got into the bingo each night while i sat quiet waiting for it to finish.
:lol: thats ok chris,didnt want to be classed as old before my time :lol: xxx jan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.