Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Birthday Treat
13 Posts
Hi Deb and Greg,

Try Where East Meets West Fantastic food and the kids will think they are in fairy land with all the lights on the trees etc, I would book first if i was you and tell them that it is your birthday and it will be a night to remember for you because they really try and make it special for you, they also have some great music on there too.

Tel no 0091 832 2276211

Have a great time

Mike and Carol
debi sorry if i'm just thick but i 've never heard the term bin lids.is it the obvious -rhyming with kids?
Thanx Mike and Carol :)

do you think we will have enough time to book when arriving on the 1st and my birthday is on the 2nd :? bearing in mind there are 7 of us

Debi
Hi Bush baby, yes sorry we often use it here in Liverpool :lol: must be a local phrase, as you assumed slang for the kids
One of the best Restaurants around is the Delhi Darbar in Panjai, first class food & service a little more expensive (by Goan prices)but well worth it for a special occassion, you will not be able to beat them in getting your hand to the wine or drinks to pour for yourself, I will be using for my Birthday treat if you google Delhi Darbar Goa you will find some reviews.

Mids
Thanx Mids
Keith recommended this too combined with the sunset cruise, coz we have kids with us do they only sell indian food (kids will eat curry/spicy, but not all the time) or do they cook steak etc

Debi
From memory the Menu is Goan, but like everywhere I'm sure they would cook anything possible to please you,
I am pretty sure you can get nice steak there or plain roasted chicken, one our friends is a veggie and the food he had there was beautiful, it maybe advisable to take a light cardie or sweater with you because sometimes the A/C can get a bit chilly........Keith
Hi Debs and Greg,

Where East meets West do steaks and Jenny who owns it is English and if you talk to her she will accomodate childrens meals, enjoy.

Mike
Why not start the celebrations early? Go to the Go-Karting track in Arpora when it opens at 4pm (This will please the bin lids, and you'll have a ball too). Then nip back to the hotel, shower and change and head off to a nice restaurant for some good food and then onto a couple of bars - everybody gets to enjoy at least one aspect of the days events that way.
Have a Great Day,
GFF xx
Slightly off topic but it' my hubbies 40th while we're there and I quite fancy treating him to the Delhi Durbar. Do you usually need to book or is it OK to just turn up ?
Sim you dont have to book, but I dont think theres any harm in booking as it can get really busy.As mentioned earlier a lot of people combine the Sunset cruise with a meal at the D/D,and as the cruises get back for about 7ish the busiest time is from about 7.30ish and there is lots of people arriving at the same time......Keith
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.