Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
BIRTHDAY TREAT!!
14 Posts
Don't miss the day boat trip to Symi. You may never want to return to Rhodes.
are they all big boats that go to symi? or are there some smaller ones? Not that I mind.
Ye, think symi is definately on the list.
The Symi trip is lovely. There are many boats going each day so have a wander to Mandraki of an evening for a look and decide which one you fancy.
How long are you there before Mrs tipsy's birthday , will you have time for a stroll around the old town where you will be spoilt for choice for places to eat , roof top restaurants a plenty , great views and even better meals . Also Symi is a must , its a great day out but can be very tiring with the heat , so might be a bit too much for a long day out and a special meal in the evening . But in saying that it could also be the perfect ending to a perfect day .
The details of the boats are given in the Lindos topic here.

There are an awful lot of Symi photos Here or have a look at the live SV webcams Here which show the Harbour.
:whoops posted the reply to this on the other thread! plant pot that I am :duh :duh
That symi timetable is really helpfull thanks. we fly 24th june and her birthday isnt until 5th july, so got a bit of time to suss things out. Really like the idea of the roof-top restaurants, really liking that!!!
I know what you mean by doing both the boat trip and a night out aswell, but Im sure we can manage it - we'll have a good stab anyways.
Was wondering if there was any local excursion operators in lalyssos? we never use the reps. Local ones are usually much better and much much cheaper.
As I put on the wrong thread that i posted on, was also wondering if there was anywhere I could get her a manicure and pedicure in the lalyssos/rhodes town area. I know she'd really like that.
Hi, also replied on your other thread, basically:

I wouldn't even look for local excursion operators. With you being closer to Rhodes Town you might as well just get the bus or take a taxi to the harbour, an excursion normally includes a coach transfer and you don't really need it.

Some of the bigger hotels in Ixia have a spa on site and you don't need to be resident to book a treatment... they'll glady take anybody's money! Quite a few beauty salons in Rhodes Town too, i know my sister's been to one on 28th October Street.
thanks, will look up spas in ixia and rhodes town. And yeh, never thought of that with the coach transfers on the excursions. Would I still be able to book the same excursions on the harbour, direct with boats, without the coach transfers
Yes, any of the boat trips you can pay the boat operators at the harbour. You can book in advance though if you're doing it directly you can also just turn up on the day and buy a ticket.
been looking at hotels in ixia, some do advertise they are a hotel and spa, but when i go to there site, there is no price list or spa package menu etc. Can you recommend a hotel that has spa facilities.
Thinking of maybe taking her for chill out time in a spa and chill by pool by day, then into rhodes town at night.
Will still do the symi trip though, thats a definate, just another day.
Tipsy, The Atrium Palace has a spa, try this link for the prices:

http://www.atrium.gr/english/spa/spa_packages.pdf

Scroll down though, the 808 euro one is for 6 days :yikes
:rofl There really are some hysterical prices out there arn't there!!
Some not too bad either I gotta say.
Just come across the K boutique hotel in lalyssos, looks lovely and they also do spa treatments, looks ok, has anyone been there, or know of anyone who has??
WOW - a week on wed and we're of. Sooooo excited now, hope the weather stays good.
I know the hotel but not the spa, its on the main road towards Kremasti and is quite 'boutique hotel'. Looks lovely and its not a massive place.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.