Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
:think

He may do, but you could always use the cash till at the airport, it is on your right hand side as you come out, you will have all the porters trying to get your case of the casacel. but just take your own off and say to them no thank you. go outside the doors and as i say turn right and its just down a little. Thats what we always do. so then you have a choice. yes it is very wise to not let them no its your first time.

I am sure you will have a fantastic holiday.

Pip
x
Ps if you have a rep dont forget to let her know that you are going by Taxi...
If he will not not take Sterling from you, he will not moan if you say to him ''will you wait 'till i change sterling to rupees at the hotel'' these drivers will wait with no 'back chat', they do not have another booking unlike the UK - any extra waiting time is nothing.
Wanting to pay him in sterling will mark you down as a 1st Timer ;)
I've paid in sterling at the little cab office opposite the exit from the airport.
£10 is about right for the fare to Calangute, with a tip.
He'll take it, no worries. I've paid for lots of things in sterling, not just taxis, and usually get a better rate than the hotel or even the elephant shop.

I heard once that goans keep hold of foreign currency and change it to rupees in the monsoon season when the rate is better for them - not sure how true that is though.
hi
pm for name and number of reliable taxi driver
  • Edited by dragon07 2009-01-20 00:01:53
Don't use the Foreign Exchange in the Airport, terrible rate, Use the ATM outside. Turn right as you go out the door!
It is actually illegal to pay in sterling. That won't stop taxi drivers accepting it, I don't suppose, but just be aware.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.