Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Mandii,
We stayed at the Manuela in September, and we loved it. The rooms are basic, but not scruffy or dirty. You have TV, kettle, Fridge and AC, the bathrooms are a decent size (showers) and everything is spotlessly clean
The hotel itself is unusual as it comprises of different buildings in different shapes and sizes, but all a min. walk from the beach.
The staff are the best part. From day one you feel like part of the family,and are treated so.
As for eating out, we were in a restaurant on the front when two of the staff from Manuela walked past, gave us a wave and continued on.
Bitez is not a big resort, most of the restaurants are on the front, and it makes a lovely place to go for a walk. Everyone gets to know you, and it's nice to stop and have a chat, even if you don't call in for a drink or meal.
We are in the process of booking there again. Going in May for two weeks.
Go for it Mindii, you won't regret. :ghug
Must not forget the Temple Bar and the Restaurant, both are very popular, and not what I would call expensive. Anything else you want to know feel free to ask.
Mike and Marn. :wave
Hi Mandii
I am looking at the Manuela also, looks great, and have emailed the hotel a few times, and got a response straight away, now thats efficient!! :lol: the only problem im having at the moment are the flights, i am finding them really expensive, have checked loads of sights and they are all over £500. Have you done any research on the flights yet?

Wendy x
Briar
I didn't know the Manuela was available on a package deal, with which agency is this?

I thought doing DIY was cheaper, but unfortunately it isnt working out that way at the moment, im gutted...

Wendy x
Hi Wendy,about flights, when are you planning on travelling :?:
I think Briar was meaning for you to get a cheap holiday deal which included accommodation, (if it was cheaper than flight only) and go to the Manuela instead.
We found a flight for 15 May on Flythomascook. for £379 for 2 people.
We booked the Manuela through Vision Holidays. Don't know if they are still doing it next year.
Mike and Marn.

Sorry Briar, about PM. :oops:
Still havn't heard from Oktay or Argie.
MikenMarn

Thanks for that, i am planning on going in August.
I understand what you are saying now, i will look through and compare prices, i must admit though, was really shocked at the flight prices. Do you think they will reduce come nearer the time? Its just i dont want to book the accommodation and then struggle to get a flight.

Wendy x
I don't think you will struggle at all nearer the time to get a flight.I must admit it was our first diy last year to Turkey and I panicked a bit and booked a long time in advance but when some other friends wanted to join us nearer the time I found flights for them on the same flight for a lot cheaper.Personally I would wait until after christmas and keep checking I think you'll be surprised.
As for the Manuela, eating outside was never a problem for us, although they did offer us really good deals to eat in their resturant but there was never any pressure. Getting a bit worried now, Will there be a place left for me!Mel.
Hi there, quite agree with cost of flights, very expensive compared to last years, but i think i will wait till after christmas and try then. May get a
bargain in the new year sales. Can anyone tell me do you have to fly into bodrum or is there an alternative, have noticed BA are now flying into
Izmir is that very far, sorry dont really know my turkish geography!!! : :D
Will look for a cheap package but i want to go during term time for the schools so know my flights will jump up.
Thanks all for your comments, very helpful as usual. I did have a quick look at flythomascook.com and they did look cheaper, i couldn't concentrate as im at work and have to keep clicking the screen on and off :roll:
I think i will wait until after Christmas and see were that takes me, im not giving up that easily.

Thanks again

Wendy x
Its me again, i thought i would share this with you all, i cant concentrate on my work, so had a look at travel republic website, and got some amazing prices for flights to Bodrum, for me and my son, who is 15 in August is £618 + £180 for accommodation, that makes my two week holiday in the place i want for £798, i think this is a real bargain, can put a deposit on the flights too, and they are day flights.

Wendy x
Hi Mandi, Izmir is an alternative, but I dont't think you would like the 4 to 5 hours transfer time.
We flew to Izmir 9 years ago when we were staying in Yalikavak. The transfer time was what put us off going to that area again, untill they opened Bodrum airport.
Stick with Bodrum.
This is Argie. :lol: Did you get a flight? Just to let you know you can reserve rooms at the Manuela by giving us your flight details! Please email us if you have any questions or want to book.

Argie
Thanks Argie but my friends have reserved our rooms under the name of Sharon still trying to find flights.
:D

Hıı my frıends. I am argie. Argie is Back....

How are you Brıar ? :P how ıs ıt goıng ?...
:lol: Hıı marm and Mark dıd you mıss me ? ı am mıssıng you...

thanks mandi your reports....

ı am here agaın ıf you ask any guestıon ... pls write to me.

All The best For You.............. :arrow:
Hi Argie, Nice to see you back.

Has it been a busy season?

We do miss you all, and are looking forward to seeing you next year.

Have you looked on the picture gallery. We have all been posting photos of the Manuela and Bitez. It is now under Bitez, and not Bodrum.

Do let us all know when your lovely wife has the baby. Are you hoping for a boy or a girl?

LOL Marn and Mike. :ghug

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.