Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Bitez- Q&A
24 Posts
Well im of to the sirca apartment! in July 2009

just wandering what the nights are like, there are bars that play music arent they?

lol or have i picked the complete wrong place?? :rofl
Sirca apartments are lovely- out of interest who did you book them with? I can't find them with first choice this year. Bitez is very quiet- everything normally closed by midnight, but you are only a short dolmus ride away from the nightlife in bodrum or gumbet. Beautiful place- I hope you enjoy it.
There are a few bars that stay open late and play music, at least there were when I went there :cheers

As Helen says though if you fancy a livelier night out then Gumbet is just 10 minutes away by taxi and Bodrum is 15 minutes by dolmus. Bitez is lovely though, I really enjoyed the times I stayed there.

Kedi
C.J.s restaurant - in the previous, now locked topic on Bitez, Kadi mentions she was going to sort out a prob her sister had with a member of staff... I'm wondering how it went.

I stayed in Bitez twice last summer, the first time with my family, the second time on my own after separating from my man ( i was determined not to waste the hol after booking it before splitting up!). And I saw 2 completely different sides to the staff. The first time they were all brilliant, really friendly, I couldnt recommend the place highly enough. The second hol, by the end of the week I walked around the back road rather than pass the restaurant. It all basically arose from a problem with a member of staff too....

I'm going back again in June, this time with a few friends in tow, so will feel more confident, but wondered if they had been put in their place, so to speak!!!

Del
Del, we too had problems at CJ's last year, as did a few people and I doubt if we will give them any chance at all this year.
Although as a male version of Del perhaps my problem wasn't the same as yours.
Curious as to know what your "del" is short for :) as I simply assumed that you were male :whoops

del (derrick)949

back to the Sirca apartments, as far as I know they have music around the pool untill "latish" and all that I spoke to said they were having a great holiday there.
the apartments are really nice, perhaps a bit small for 4 , but well fitted out and spotlessly clean.
Unless you want to party untill the early hours Bitez is fine, all the restaurants and bars etc have some kind of background music, but you really don't need it as there is always someone to get into a conversation with.
If you do need music there are always Bodrum and Gumbet a short taxi ride away with plenty of late bars and loud music.
There's usually something going on at the Manuela untill midnight.

I think Friday night is Turkish night. (belly dancer etc)
helen we booked through first choice but in october haha! and from what i can make out there only small apartments not many?
:sun2 Cant wait 9th of July
I know that Charlie and Jon are aware of this site. hope that either they read this and sort out whatever is going on or one of the regulars let them know that all is not well and they are potenially loseing business.
If they need telling, perhaps they shouldn't be in the hospitality buisness.

Whichever is the tallest of the two was the problem last year.
Charlie is the taller of the two, but there is also another tall man there.

We have never had any problems with either Johnny or Charlie, both lovely blokes.

What is the problem anyway?
Over a period of a fortnight they both (but the taller more) became more and more insistent that we should use their restaurant, finishing up by telling us that we should not patronise our favourite restaurant ( Sultans) all the time and should give them some custom.
I know that most doormen will try this approach, but these were exceptionally insistent, verging on arguing with us. Invitation to come in is fine, as is persuasion but they were over the top and seemed to believe that they had a right to some of our custom.
In actual fact we had eaten in several different places but did use Sultans more than anywhere else.
It wasn't so much what they said but the way in which it was said, which finished up making Evelyn feel uncomfortable when walking past their place on the evenings.
After all, our holiday, our money ........our choice. End of story!

PS. I never, ever say " tomorrow night" or something like that, which may be construed as a promise.
Was it the big tall with the very dark skin, the waiter perhaps? I had bother with him a couple of years ago, when Ali and Gudrud(spell?)owned the place. He was quite rude one night when he realised that we were leaving the next day and hadn't eaten there.

You couldn't describe either John or Charley as tall!
One was VERY small, and the other (taller) was probably about 5'10", fairly slim build.
I assumed from the way they acted that they were of equal authority and so would not think that one was merely a waiter.
hey, it's not a big deal for us, we will eat wherever we choose (providing they will serve us :D), but doubt that CJ's will be on our list of essentials, a bit silly that they annoyed us as the initials have a special meaning for my wife and I and we would have eaten there had they not been overly enthusiastic.
certainly there are plenty of people on here who like them so I suppose that they cannot be all bad!
Is Charlie the guy who used to work at Manuela's?
Yeah - in fact they both worked for quite a few years at Manuelas.

To del949 - have a look at my post last year about Bitez and the restaurants and you'll see I'm not a fan of the sea front restaurants.
I remember Charlie then from Manuela, he got a bit funny with me and my friend because we didn't want to spend all our time at the hotel. They were all very friendly to start with then as soon as they realised we were just using the hotel as a base and spent most of our time eating in all the other restaurants and going to other bars they weren't nice at all. So much so that I actually moved hotels and went to stay at Basri Apartments half way through he holiday!
Del wrote
Curious as to know what your "del" is short for as I simply assumed that you were male

Lol! I'm Delyth :wave: Its a female welsh name, it means pretty one. Think my parents had a sense of humour....!!!
From what i understand both Charlie & John are the owners. I think the very tall dark waiter that TurkishVisitor refers to is the waiter Villi (or Willy)......
Think my parents had a sense of humour....!!!

I'm sure they didn't and sure you are!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.