Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Sorry guys,

Thanks for the feedback, but I mistook Blue bay at this site for actual destination , Blue Bay Hotel at Cala Mayor.

Feel a fool.

Thanks for taking the time and energy to reply

Michael
Just arrived back from a week's all included

23 Euros from airport to hotel

First room had a double bed for two guys

No problem to change immediately

Both these rooms were at rear of Hotel, facing mountains.

They were immaculate and well-decorated but tiny.
We had to put the suitcases onto balcony...just to sueeze past
There was no TV in the room and safe broken even after swift attention from maintenance man. As promised by reception we got a shift to another room at the front of the hotel ,where about 90% of rooms are situated.

Moral of story is check which way your room faces before accepting it. Views are stunning to front and rooms are much better appointed

This Hotel is on a steep hill with many, long steep steps leading up to it from two directions and a steep, pavement -free road with buses and cars passing frequently. Not for the faint-hearted.
There are buses 1.10 euro each way, directly outside hotel, plus the hotel bus to main drag and beach every 10-15 mins...helpful staff.

I know it has been a bit negative so far, but the staff are great, the place is spotless, rooms- well cleaned, new towels etc everyday.

Food was plentiful-all day. Good quality...something for everyone and kids. Reasonable variety. Good clean restaurant, well-run.

On the whole this is a hidden gem of a hotel, modern but stylish, quality..only let down is the hilly location

Cala Mayor has all you need for more life...Palma Nova,(103) Magalluf are only cheap bus rides away..frequent service to both red aand yellow buses 2.30 euro each way to either resort. Silver and blue 106 bus, 1.10 euor, right to the centre of Palma

Hope you find this helpful,

Michael
Michael
That is an excellent report
Please could you post a review on the link below, if you get a minute

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/balearic-islands/mallorca/cala-mayor/blue-bay-hotel/

Thank you

Biff
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.