Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Ali, if you drive hire a car and drive to Sozopol, you see so much more and further down coats is a beautiful nature park and beaches superb.

Stu
Hi - thanks Stuart, but I am too much of a coward to try to drive on the continent and too much of a coward to let my OH too. I'm terrified enough in a car with him over here sometimes! :omg
HI Whistler Alison.

As Stuart says it is a lot cheaper and a lot easier by car yopu will also find that it can be cheaper to go to the likes of Sozopol by taxi or bus if you agree a price beforehand with the taxi driver as for the river trip we tried it (but unlike the man who bought the company we did not find it worthwhile) the trip to the blue mountain is worthwhile and also usually takes in a trip to the crystal factory (cheaper price crystal) hope this helps
Thanks Mondeo. I was thinking of doing one or the other trip and am leaning towards the Blue Mountain one now. I'm not keen on the river trip and in the photos I have seen of Sozopol, it does look quite a bit like Nessebur so I wonder if there is any real benefit of going to both. Last year I looked into getting taxis instead of doing the organised trips, but because there was only the two of us it seemed cheaper for us to do the trip. I don't do buses on holiday (except in city centres). I spend two hours a day getting in and out of London by public transport and am not doing it again on holiday :P
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.