Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
We used a guy named 'Bloody Georgeus' from the main street, last year. Found him good, we booked the jeep safari and the turtle beach trip and he gave us a boat trip free.
Trips are more or less the same price from all of the travel agents but they are all prepared to do a deal if you are a big group or doing more than one trip.
We booked with Hamish McTurk up in Hisaronu.
Some of the prices from his leaflet are -
Canoeing £23 (brilliant day out on the river Xanthos with barbecue and mud bath, finishing at Patara beach)
Jeep Safari £20
Truck Safari £20 (great day again - a walking tour of an old village - Uzumulu, a walk through the forest to Hectors tomb then a barbecue by an icy cold river).
Car hire £25 per day
Tlos, trout farm and Saklikent gorge £12
Dalyan £14
Kalkan and Kas £15
Oludeniz boat trip £8
Horse riding £10
Turkish night £18

Best thing is to wander round on your first evening picking up all the different leaflets. Family discussion over a nice cold glass of Efes and your week will be planned before you know it!
When away I normally do the themed night, booked through the local day (or night :? ) trip agents.

You know the sort of thing, picked up by coach, taken up into the mountains, meal, wine, traditional type show & music, sometimes a bit of audience particpation.

In Olu Deniz last year we didn't do it, so as we are going back in May I would like to do it this year.

We booked our trips through Bloody Goergous last year & found them very good.

Does anyone have any recommendation please?

Thanks
Kim
Does anyone have any info on the trip to Kaz and Kalkan from Olu Deniz thats mentioned two posts up. Would it be a boat trip or would it be by road. Also any idea how long it takes in terms of both travelling, and how long you would get in Kas/Kalkan?
Thanks to anyone who might know.
:D Hello

We off to OLu Deniz next Monday for week :D

What are the best trips to go on?

We want to take my grandson on a jeep safari?

Are there any boat trips like they is in Marmaris were all your drink and lunch is inc?

Were is the best place to book theses?

Any info will be gratefull

Staying at Sun Club City

Also we want to have a Turkish Bath were is the best place to go?

We have 2 small kiddies with us would there be able to come to Turkish Baths with us?
I am so envious - I have to wait till august!

Can,t help much re boat trips as I get seasick on a lilo so abstained but there are loads on offer either on the beach or the main resort. Seem to recall some were AI and all seemed reasonable pricewise,

we booked our Jeep Safari with Kara Cay on the main street next to the Hippyshake restaurant(opposite Captain Ahmet - cant miss it)
They were a it more pricey ,with not much discount for the kids BUT were 14 seaters with seatbelts. maybe not as exciting as the smaller jeeps but for me (with 2 kids) looked safer. We were there high season and they were booked up fast. I am sure next week you will be able to bargain. Think it was £35 for the 3 of us including lunch. Fantastic day but very long

Stayed at the Belcekiz beach which is just round the corner from Sun City . The Turkish Bath there comes highly recommended. My daughters came along and enjoyed , youngest was 9 at the time. Saw other children there around that age.£10 adults, & 7 for children. Extra for face pack etc
Hope this helps - have a wonderful time :D
You must try one of the boat trips. we have been lots of times and can recommend this one: http://www.caroletayfun.com/index.html
The boat is never over crowded and they will pick you up from your hotel. The boat leaves from Fethiye (the town is well worth a visit and there is a huge market there on a Tuesday.)
We booked a few trips through "Seaside Tours" They are on the left as you arrive at the prom at Olu Deniz. You will find that they will give a bonus trip for free if you book a couple of trips with them. All the guides speak excellent English ( a lot of them are students) and they certainly know a lot of the history of the area.
We have not stayed in Olu Deniz, we tend to stay in Ovacik, Calis, and once in Hisoranu.
Have a great time, we only have 27 days until we are out there again.
If you need any more info, just ask
mibur
We are off to Olu for 2 weeks on 4th May, can't wait :D

We were there in June last year & did the jeep safari with Bloody Georgeous, he is in Olu not far from the sea front on the main road in from the sea front.

We had a great time & he is cheap too. However you do get bashed about a bit on the open top jeeps. Not for the very young or very old.

I did go on a boat trip was beautiful, but was sea sick had to get a speed boat home!! & I'm not normally too bad.

Had turkish bath at the Belcekiz Beach Hotel, was much cheaper in there than ours & bigger & better too. It's on the sea front middle/left

We are staying in the sea-view rooms of the Olu Deniz Resort Hotel again, as we loved the place. Sea front left.

The Sun City seems really nice too, great looking pool, make sure you go to the lagoon, I'm sure the Sun City will have a bus that takes you to it's own private section of the lagoon, all the big ones seem too.

If the White Dolphin was open I would tell you to have a meal in there, but I just found it that it doesn't open till June :cry:

There is a huge Tuesday market at Fetiye (you can do this yourself by bus - dolmus) & a smaller one on Mondays in Hirsonasue.

I get there about 2am on 5 May, Can't wait. You will be home by then I think?

Have a great holiday, OH & have your Turkish Bath as soon as you arrive. Otherwise you will be scrubbing off your tan.
Sorry forgot the children :oops:

Depends on there ages for the turkish bath, If you go to the Belcekiz Beach hotel theirs is big, so you can be on the hot slab & the kids can be in there but if they are not lying on the hot slab, it would probably be ok for them?

You can always go in separtley if it comes to it, I'm sure whoever runs it will advise you. Like thev rest of the med the turks love kids & they are accomodated wherever they go, unlike this country.

Enjoy yourself :D
:D Hello

Thanks for all advice we go on the 1st May and return the 8th May

They is my self me hubby and 7yrs old grandson

Also my sister-in law her hubby and they 3yr old grandson

Im sure we will have a great time

Hope you all enjoy your holidays

Cant wait to get round the markets get some bargains

Ill miss the monday one we dont land at Dalaman till 3.30pm
Hi,
I was wondering if there were village tours around olu, like they do in Bodrum and Side?
Sandra
We go as well 1st -8th May and I was wondering about the beaches. We have our two and a half year old grandaughter with us and i have heard the lagoon shelves very quickly. Some say Bob's or Billys or Josephs!!!!! beaches are better. Does anyone know which is the best for a little one. It's out first time in this area.
Thanks Margaret
hi ya i would say yes bobs beach ,suarah beach,genc beach all round the back of the lagoon its very safe there but it is quite a walk so get a dolmus or taxis
hope this helps
john
:D Hello Netkit

Were are you staying ? we there same time as you we fly from Newcastle
Hi Celine,
We are staying in Ovacik, flying from Liverpool. There is me, my husband, my daughter and our lovely Isabella. Can,t come soon enough.
Margaret
Celine2002uk

Read my review on the Sun City for details on trips / turkish bath etc.

We done the Jeep Safari and Dalaman trips with Bloody Gorgeous and plumped for the Turkish Bath in the Sun City.

I'm sure the guy that does the baths in the resort is Benjamin (?) and you can haggle a bit to save some money.

We al loved the Sun City but if you read the review you will see addiitonal details.

Have fun.
Margaret

The main beach shelves deeply, I think it's more likely to be that than the lagoon. The lagoon is really nice, warm & hardly a ripple, the kids will love it :)
Having read most of the threads on this post alot of you are looking for excursions to other areas of beauty i would like to recommend saklikent gorge , yaka park (trout farm ) tolos ruins patra beach these are all availble from nearly all booking agents if you need more information on this subject i have links on my web site showing all these places and a selection of local companies in the area
hope this is of some help to those of you who are not sure and those of you that just need a fix before you go
regards
john
Thanks everyone. Never having been there before I was visualizing the lagoon as the main beach and now i realise it is not. That's the free one and you pay to go into the lagoon, ah, now i see. Well I will next week that's for sure.
Margaret
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.