Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Boat Trips
15 Posts
Mike .... I would highly recommend the Calpe cruise. The scenery along the coastline is fantastic. I'm not sure if you can pick this one up at the Rincon, or if you may have to head in to the port in the Old Town.

Departures are around 11am from the port, you arrive in Calpe in time for lunch. There is not a great deal of time to venture right into the centre of Calpe before the return sailing. However, you could just cruise one way, have lunch, explore Calpe, and then return to Benidorm by bus or train.

David :wave
dont think the boats operate in the winter months from the levante end of benidorm :cry:

you will need to go into the old town
We went last year in May and we went on the Island boat trip to where the Peacocks are.

It was that trip where you can go on a submersible craft around the island and see underwater.. which is very good!

I well recommend a visit to the island just to have a look.
Hi all, can anyone help. We are a family of 10 going to cala finestrat in august. We would like to go on a boat trip where your meal and drinks are included in the price. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks Sue.
Hopefully someone may prove otherwise Sue, but I don't think there are any such boat trips with meals or drinks included, unless perhaps a private charter which I imagine would be very costly.

Maritimas Benidorm operates excursions from the port in Benidorm Old Town to Altea, Calpe, Villajoyosa and Peacock Island. You could double check with them, or see if they could recommend someone who provides a private charter service.

I have two e-mail addresses listed for them:
excursi@ctv.es
buzon@excursionesmartimasbenidorm.com

Or you could try the tourist office at:
benidorm@touristinfo.net

(It may be worth copying your enquiry to all three addresses)

David :wave
Thanks for the addresses david, will try them and see if we have any luck.
hi all

am out with the family again next month in torrevieja and wondered if anyone has any info on good boat trips to go on?

i know of the isle of trabaca one but nothing else really

many thanks
You will probably get a bit more diversity of trips if you nip down to the Mar Menor or perhaps even Cartagena and pick up a boat there.
Hi,
we have just returned from Benidorm and enjoyed it very much. We only went on one boat trip and that was to the island. It was awful the only thing on there is a cafe and loads of trails that lead you to the top of the island. We thought that there would probably be a bit of beach there or something but there isn't. There's nowhere to sit unless you use the cafe and the whole island is very dry and covered in bird pooh. You do go in a boat that lets you see underwater which is quite good, and this is included in the price. Other than that this trip is a waste of money.

Dawn
And yet when you look across from the Levante beach to a bare rock in the middle of the sea it looks so exciting!
I think that the only place where you can get a boat trip to La Isla del Pavo Real (Peacock Island, Benidrom), would be Benidorm itself.

I have never seen the trip offered from anywhere else, which judging by the comments above, is no bad thing!
Not a boat trip of the type discussed above but I've seen an overnight trip advertised by boat from Benidorm to Ibiza.

Was advertised in one of the shops near where the free Terra Mitica bus goes from if I remember correctly.
how much does it cost for the boat to Peacock Island , ive been on it years ago , and i agree with Dawn Barlow , not much to do there.
Hi,
It cost us 70 euros for 2 adults and 4 children to go to Peacock Island. I really don't think it was money well spent, but you don't know until you've tried and we didn't know anyone who had been. We are probably going back to Benidorm next year and will look for other boat trips as there seemed to be plenty of them in the sea.

Dawn
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.