Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Thanks for the info John...sorry about the spelling :whoops
Saggy
Hi John,

First of all thanks a lot for posting this review. However, I am not entirely sure if you will get this email as all the posts seems to be quiet old (2008). Well let me try atleast...

I am planning to go to Goa with my wife in Nov 2010 for 3 nights. I have been looking around different places to stay. What we prefer is something quiet (not so quiet where we are the only ones, but not too crowded either) and Bogmallo Beach Resort is one of them. I have contacted the reservations and they have offered us an all inclusive package, including a half day sight-seeing and a boat trip.

What I am particularly interested in knowing is if it is worth taking the full inclusive option or just stick with B&B and then arrange food/sight seeing personally. I am not a great fan of old temples/churches so I don't mind skipping them. However, I would love to take boat rides to watch dolphins, may be spice farm as you suggest and any nature related spots if there are any you can recommend. I guess, Betty's Place would do it , how far is Betty's place from this hotel?

Also, how easy is it go get food around the hotel if I don't go for full board option? Plus, I know i don't have much days to spend but if we decide to do bit of shopping, can we get taxi etc from Bogmallo?

Sorry, I have asked you too many questions but you see to be much experienced with regards to Goa.

Alternatively, if you know of some other suitable places then please do recommend. It will be much appreciated and welcomed. As I say, we prefer quiet and natural places.

Thanks once gain.
Geek876
Hi geek876

Regarding the option of all inclusive.It all depends on the price difference between A/I and B/B.The food at the hotel isn't brilliant and there are some excellent retaurants in the area.As an alternative you could stay at coconut creek which is a small boutique hotel in Bogmalo (00918322538090 ask for Lyn).

As for taxi's no problem.Betty's place is about one hour from Bogmalo,and the spice gardens only about half an hour away.

Anything else just ask.

John
Hi geek876,

I can only echo John's comments, but feel that I must go one stronger - IMHO I think it would be both unwise and expensive to go AI at Bogmalo Beach hotel. Better, cheaper food (and drinks) can be found locally.

Cheers

peter
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.