Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
The average cost of a meal out is about a £4 a head then drinks on top,for two you can easily get by on £300 for two weeks (trips aside).

John
Hi John

Thanks for that. It's really cheap, isn't it?

What sort of trips would be recommend? We are definitely going to see the Taj Mahal, but anything else you suggest would be great.

Thanks for all your info.

Pam
If you are planning a trip to the Taj including Jaipur etc. then you are taking 4 days out of your holiday.So it all depends how long you are coming to Goa for.Because after that trip you will just want to chill out if you are here for only 2 weeks.

John
Glad you enjoyed Goa and your stay at Bogmallo Beach - it is a little jewel. ;)

Next time you should stop at Coconut Creek Click here. :cheers
Before we moved here we always stayed at Joets or Coconut Creek fantastic places to stay.Bogmalo is still probably the only place i've been to in Goa which you can honestly say has hardly changed in the last 10 years.

John
Hi John

We definitely want to visit the Taj Mahal but as we are only in Goa for two weeks my husband wants to spend most of the time relaxing, so I was wondering if there are two night/three day trips up to see the Taj Mahal from Goa? And if so, what would be the approx cost?

Thanks for any help

Pam
Daytrippers do a four day trip and I think the cost is somewhere under the £400 mark, but it could be a bit less. Check out their website and email them. You can book from the UK and pay the cash in to their UK bank.
we got a 5 day trip flights inc in the price it cost us £200 each but my hubby done it DIY on the net before we went ......daytrippers are too dear do it yourself ..you will get it for half the price they are asking ....colleen
Taj
Hi John

We would definitely try to get to the Taj Mahal from Bogomalo Beach, maybe only a two night/three day trip. Do you know if one exists and if so approx how much it might cost?

Thanks
Pam
hi fredflinstones son,

i know you can fly to agra, but think this is via delhi, and if you're only there for a couple of weeks, might be a bit full on for you if you try and get there independently.

that said i read yesterday in the times that the taj is going to be under repair - they're looking to restore the marble, so i can imagine there being lots of work and wooden scaffolds, ruining that perfect photograph ! i think the first phase is going to last 5 months, though i don't know when it starts - might be worth doing some investigation before you book anything!

misterc.
Irishcolleen,, did your 5 days, £200 deal compose of return flights Goa- Delhi- Goa, 3 or 4 nights hotels in Delhi and Jaipur, Train Delhi- Agra, private a.c. car from Agra- Jaipur and train Jaipur - Delhi, tours of Jaipur and Delhi and all admissions and guides to the likes of the Amber Palace Japur etc. £200 certainly seems a real bargain for all those flights, trains and private a.c, car and what not. Thats normally the sort of all in package from the likes of Daytripper doing the Golden Triangle from Goa. Alan
give this company an email and tell them what you want. I can highly recommend them. You will be surprised at the quote. If they can't sort flights out for you just let us know and I'm sure we can find suitable ones for you. You can easily manage a trip to Agra- you have 2 more than days than I had and I went to Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, Mumbai and Goa.
Will agree with gramps - Daytripper throw a very good, well organised package together. Yes you can do it cheaper, but a lot of organising needs to be done for 2/3 days.
It was 9 years ago we made the trip with Daytripper, and £400 each (so costs don't seem to have changed much) - but worth every penny.
This included, car to airport/helped with check-in/flight to Delhi/met by guide at Delhi/evening tour of Delhi/taken to hotel/advice on where to go on your own (restaurants etc..)/next morning car to train station (put on right train and correct seats)/look round Agra/taken to the Taj and passed to another guide - didn't miss a thing of the trip and one we would do with this company in the future.
Have fun.
Yes it can be done.You need to fly to Delhi spend the first night there,get the express train to Agra early morning which returns about 6pm then another night in Delhi, prices i'm not sure about but will try to find out.

John
I certainly would not recommend you do the whole thing DIY. I'm talking an organised tour here. I would not have liked finding my own way around Delhi and then getting myself to Agra. I preferred the car and driver/guide to ourselves and all the transfers done. :D
Pam
you had duplicate questions running on different threads. I've now merged them to make it easier.
Thanks to all for all the info.

I am so looking forward to November and Bogmalo Beach. Anyone else going at that time?

John - you are so full of useful info and have been so helpful, so if you can look at the prices for Taj Mahal that would be wonderful. Also if you hear anything about it being renovated as one of the posts stated.

Thanks all.
Pam
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.