Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Bollywood in Goa
25 Posts
I saw some about 6 years ago near Vagator and a red VW Beatle car was used and that Khan fellow was there too.
no but when we ate at sublime restaurant near the ugly bridge the owner said that there were quite a few of them using his restaurant during xmas break. he said there was about 40 of them inc hangers on
I saw one in Arpora October last year on the way back from Anjuna - but was not sure if it was a Tele shooting or a Bollywood one.
They were filming just off the River Princess about the end of Oct. Seemingly it'a favourite location and is used quite often Alan

They were filming just off the River Princess about the end of Oct. Seemingly it'a favourite location and is used quite often Alan

Perhaps that's why its still there :wink
a bollywood film crew where filming at the fishermans paradise shack on calangute beach in march.. i think the working title was "honeymoon dream" but one of the shack lads was giving it a much bluer title to anyone who asked..
Yip someone told me that too, they were filming at the end of Baga beach and there were roads closed off and stuff. Also my friend pointed out a guy on the beach who was some kind of Bollywood actor, some guy with long hair, so I'm assuming the 2 things are connected.
Candolim beach last year in front of the ship there was an advert shoot for Silk hair gel for men (no samples given out....then again i couldnt have used it) 7 guys all dressed up as Elvis - very funny.
I have been involved in shooting before (as an extra), unnfortunately I was just in a TV Commercial, but I was the only one for our group who actually was seen on TV... Although I never saw it! Even got paid for it! I spent one day with them, got fed breakfast dinner and evening snack, spent most of the day just hanging around and then about 1 or 2 hours 'doing my stuff', all for 500 Rs/-, It's worth having a go at, just to say you've done it, but not really for people here for two weeks as it's a bit of a wasted day (as you hang around for most of it). I've also got one of the numbers of the agents who look for people in Goa... :wink: (Just incase anyone is here and wants a go.... There's LOTS of filming going on, also American films (Bourn Supremecy being the big one), was here while they were here too...
I just saw Bourn Supremecy on DVD - does anyone know the name of the Beach where it was shot.
When I was there 2 weeks ago there was filming taking place down at the Baga creek, the dirt road that runs to the box bridge.
just saw Bourn Supremecy on DVD - does anyone know the name of the Beach where it was shot.

Palolem beach and the car chases were a mix of Panjim and Calangute I think
Cheers Martin_d. I was under the impression that Palolem beach is very secluded and quiet - friends visiting from UK said that they stayed in a 24 hour shack all night long and till the sun came up and not a soul in sight, looks like they set up shacks just for the film. Also, the SUV that plunges into the river looks like the bridge over river Mandovi in Panjim.
Filming yesterday in the grounds of the Marina Dourada when I passed by on the way to Lila cafe.

AJ - Palolem is heaving with shacks...not just for the film!!!, it's a shame that there are so many down there now but it's still a great place to go to chill out with less sellers than most of the northern beaches.

The bridge in the film is the one at Nerul - on the road from Prazeeres Resort to the Panjim highway.
I watched a recent bollywood flick in the cinema "Lage Raho Munna Bhai" and there's about 15 minutes of Goa in that movie which was absolutely fantastic....can't wait, four weeks to go.....
Well stardom beckons....

http://indiascafe.com/g/comingsoon/Woh%20Lamhe/stills/Woh%20Lamhe33.jpg

I'm the guy who seems far too happy in the background, although I do think I look more natural than the couple to the right of the picture and probably more realistic than the two main actors... I don't think it will be coming to a cinema near you, but it's nice to see that Isabel (on of our volunteers) and I made it onto their promotional shots.... :o)

Click below for more shots taken from the film...

http://nowrunning.com/film/slideshow1.asp?movieNo=3326
Great pictures Rob. I see more Bollywood movies here than I do in India on my visits. I am leaving for India for six weeks tomorrow morning :fly and will be in Goa for about a week at the end of October.... probably staying in Baga. Hope there's some shooting going on at that time .... might pop down to Mango house to take your autograph, who knows - you might be competing with Shah Rukh Khan in the future... :pele

:glynis Aj.
The lady I'm sat with sent me them, I think she had been searching since we did the shoot, myself and 5 or 6 volunteers did it... It was a very long night, volunteered all day and then left at 6pm and got back around 5am, for another full day - was shattered! - the downside was they didn't give us any food... :? - the first shoot the were very nice and had lots of refreshment breaks.. the last one though we were all getting very grumpy... I won't give up my day job though! :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.