Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Yes i saw this on the news-awful and very worrying considering im going with my family in a few weeks :(
My in laws are flying out there as we speak!! I think the nile cruise bit comes before their stop in Cairo, all we can hope is that there isn't more to come and security is stepped up. Our thoughts are with all those involved today.

Pam
It is awful news for Egypt and those travelling very soon. Never heard anything about it Monday morning, the Oscars seemed to be the highlights.
I didn't even hear a word about this on the news. I went to the FCO website and it states the threat of terrorism in Egypt is high? Im not going till September so don't know whether to be worried or not! My holiday has to be paid in June... Would this put anyone off going and if we cancel will we lose our deposit?
It hasn't put me off. Been twice before and rebooked to go back on Saturday. Havent readup much on this particular incident. That advice has been on the FO web-site ever since I have been travelling to there. I guess at the end of the day it's a personal decision, as to if you wish to risk it. Some will, some won't.
The threat hasn't always been high risk, I have been numerous times and it hasn't always said that. It just makes you think twice before you go though
Mmm. Perhaps it said it last time because of the bombs in Dahab, as I think I went shortly after that incident. I guess at the end of the day it's only you who can decide if it's right for you. But if you are going to change I would imagine it will cost less to change sooner rather than later. Plus there will probably be more options available for you to choose from the sooner you let your travel agent know. Good luck whatever you decide.
The FCO have been describing Egypt as having a high risk of terrorism for at least the last four years. I've been twice in that time, including five days after the Sharm attacks. I personally wouldn't be deterred.
For the families and the people being attacked is is extremely sad. But to be honest anywhere you go can have violence, i live in a small town and we have had a lot of murders, some people never been caught. London has a lot of violence, but no more possibly than any other town or city.

I still go, i am a great believer in fate, if its my time then so be it.

Michelle x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.