Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
I am sure they will have a fridge. I have looked on protur website and done the virtual tour of the Bonaire and can see a fridge. Have a look and see if you can see it, the virtual tour is really good and the apartments look fab .CBG
Pooks - I'd be VERY surprised if it didn't have a fridge with it being self catering accomodation.

Tis x
yes there are fridges.....
Thanks.

We are going Saturday morning but I am not looking forward to it as my 8 month old daughter has come down with a really bad illness :(
Oh heck! What's the matter? If you think it's going to cause problems or you don't think she's going to be okay whilst away have a word with your doc. You may be able to cancel without losing out and rebook later when she's feeling better.
She seems to be making a comeback, she has had a very bad viral infection but she seems a lot perkier today, apart from being covered head to toe in a rash! Doctor says she is fine to fly but be prepared for some odd looks at the airport. It seems to be dying down now so hopefully it will be faded by the morning. Not looking forward to our flight at 6.55am!
Hi

After weeks of trying to find a good holiday deal in the areas of Sa Coma/Cala Millor/Cala Bona we think we may have decided on the Bonaire Hotel. Can anyone tell me where about the hotel is, and also how long is the walk into Cala Bona/Cala Millor, and how far is it to a sandy beach from the hotel. I have read several reviews and lots of people have quite varied answers to these questions. If anyone can give me these answers it would be appreciated. We will have two young children aged 5 and 3, but if we are out and about walking they will probably be in buggies.

thanks

emma
hi ...the hotel is actually in ca;a bona...and just 2 mins from the main harbour ares......cala millor sort of blends into the walk...hard to say where one ends and one starts....perfect hotel and resort for your 2 young kids.....and perfect for a buggy...all on the flat....sa coma is a little bit further on...but walkable...with plenty of stamina and water....but the taxis are cheap.....
Are you going on a package or DIY? I have done DIY this year to the sister hotel Bonamar in Cala Bona and saved loads by booking off Protur website. Bonaire good choice with little ones. CBG
This photo was taken outside the Bonaire to show how far it is from the sea.http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/263/07132wx5.th.jpg

The area it's in is quiet.
Cala Bona is also quiet which is a 5 min walk away.
A couple of mins to the harbour but no beach.
Great Aparthotel for famlies.
Nearest beach for children ,I'm not sure.
There is a small rocky beach outside the hotel we stayed in The Alicia and a beach at the Avante Hotel.
Which is a short walk away .
The best beaches are in Sa coma.I'd say about a 20-30 mins walk.
I have photos of these.

I have sent you a PM
If you want more photos or if anyone else wants any I can email them to you.
Just PM me with you email address.
It takes to long to put them all on here, there are to many.
Hi

We are staying in the Bonaire this year. We want a low floor room, ideally over looking the pool. I understand that there are four or five seperate blocks of apartments. Can anyone recommend a good block for us to stay in.(eg is there one block that gets the sun more etc). Any advise would be really useful.

many thanks

emma
Click Here for our reviews of this hotel.
Stayed at the Bonaire Aparthotel a few years ago, a fantastic place for the children. About 5-10 minutes stroll to the beach I'd say and very flat, easy with the buggies. A roadtrain operates to Cala Millor and Sa Coma.

Regarding 'where does Cala Bona end and Cala Millor start' As you walk from Cala Millor into Cala Bona and look down on the promenade, there's inscriptions of fish on the slabs. Our rep told us 'When theres fish on the floor, you're in Cala Millor, when the fish are agone-a, you're in Cala Bona! :lol:

Have a super time, you'll love it.

Elaine
:fly
Hi we are staying at the Bonaire, fliying out this saturday. Could anyone tell me if they supply irons? I know its a random question but I have lost my travel iron and dont want to shell out for a new one if we not going to need it, cheers.
Stace if you go HERE it should hopefully take you to the hotels group website where you can fill in your details and request information.

My thoughts are that if they do supply irons it will be on a 'borrow' from the reception basis. You might be better just buying a travel iron - less hassle and it's yours to use as and when you want :lol:
Thanks for that yeah might pick one up or even take ours, its not very big anyway.
thanks again.
we stayed there last April and have booked again for next July, don't remember there being an iron though. Great place for the kids and is very flat so walking isn't a problem. Food is great in the hotel, entertainment is ok, staff are brill, pool is good, activities for the kids is fantastic - just a brilliant place really.
I am just booking to go back here after a great holiday in September 2006. Just hesitating on pressing the "book now" button and wondering whether I should be more adventerous and go somewhere new!! :think
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.