Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi,

They are allowed 10 days and both have an excellent attendance record so should be okay.

Thanks
Its another way of making customers pay to take kids through the summer holidays, not fair at all really.

Enjoy your holiday x
We invested in some foldaway large lightweight holdalls from Flylite, cost £25 each and weigh under 2Kg - would highly recommend.

The following info is copied off their website:

Small size foldaway
The small foldaway bag has a Linear Length of 96cm (45 x 35 x 16) and weighs less than 500 g. This piece is suitable for all the major airlines but in particular Jet 2 who have a smaller than standard size limit for passengers. Capacity 25 litres.

Medium size foldaway
The medium size foldaway has a Linear Length of 115cms (55 x 40 x 20) and weighs less than 875g. This piece is also suitable for all the major airlines but particular Easyjet and Ryanair who set this exact size. Capacity 44 litres.

Large size foldaway
The large foldway has a Linear Length of 140cms (70 x 40 x 30) and weighs under 1300g. This piece will hold enough packing for a 2 week holiday for most people and still looks as good as new after a transatlantic crossing in the hold! Capacity 84 litres.

All Foldaways
All these foldaways expand out of a pouch which then becomes a convenient external pocket. The bags have a velcro padded carry handle and as well as a shoulder strap. All of these bags will prove to be extremely useful as luggage pieces for cruises especially if associated with a flight to the port of departure. Cabin space on cruise liners is restricted and so these foldaway bags will not get in the way or fill up wardrobe space!!

Nicki
Thanks for that Nicki. Will have a look on their wesite.

Rambo
Movenpick Resort Taba , Egypt Red Sea

Hi everyone, just booked 2weeks All Inc. for £541pp at the above resort with First Choice, flying from Manchester. Jan 2010. Too good a deal to ignore :tup .
We have been to Egypt same time last year (Nile cruise/stay in Hurghada) this will be a first at this resort.
Any info will be appreciated, thanks in advance. :cheers
Hi Rambo13

The Scottish holidays start at the end of June so they get cheaper holidays than us!!!!

That's not quite true, if we (Scot's) are willing to occur the hassle, inconvenience and large additional expense of travelling to an English airport we might ? get a holiday slightly cheaper than you due to the earlier school finish dates, HOWEVER if we want to fly from one of the Scottish airports the holiday companies are not stupid and for all Scottish school holiday dates (and dates either side) the airport supplement rises incredibly.

Remember of course that the supplements for Scottish airports departures are already far higher than for English airports, allegedly due to the extra distance planes have to fly, yeh right :rofl

So I am afraid we don't really get holidays any cheaper :(
Hi,

I never realised that, i always thought that Scotland got the better deal.

Glad i moved from Scotland to England when it comes to holiday times then.

:sun2
Funny thing is,we are told that fares are dearer north of the border due to the fuel cost for longer distances. Yet most Transatlantic flights have to come north anyway to cross the Atlantic. makes no sense to me. :que
We're booked with First Choice- reading the paper it said they have an unprecidented spring sale on, so taking courage in both hands I thought I'd check and see how much the price had gone down by. Couldn't believe it has gone UP by £1800!! Still can't quite believe it so must double check, but that's outrageous!!

Pam :cheers
Just noticed your post Pam. So went and checked my price on the First Choice web-site. Gone up 500 pounds, on a family for 4 for a week, since I booked 2 weeks ago. :yikes Thank goodness I booked then or I wouldn't be going. :(

They are so naughty with these ficticious sales they have. :banghead:
You're right Doe, they are naughty :yikes Checked and double checked the price and definitely a £1800 increase for 4 of us in the summer for a fortnight. No way could we afford it if we were to be booking now!!

Pam
I think it`s terrible for such a high increase, is it the hotel, the flight or both that has increased. I booked my holiday with Thomas Cook 4 weeks ago so i also will go and check their price now.
Hi, I don't know which part is responsible for the price rise as it's a package. We are going to the Tropicana Grand Azure, which for the date we are going is now the most expensive hotel listed. So it could be the hotel price has increased, but it's a huge rise.

Pam
Of course one of the main reasons for the price increase as i said before is tour operators are only buying a handful of rooms now in resorts, so therefore they know they will get the money because they can charge double and get it. Why buy 100 rooms when they can buy 50 but charge consumers double, its a marketing strategy because of the recession. If they bought the 100 rooms, the likelihood is, they (Tour ops) wouldn't sell them because consumers wouldn't have the cash. So the tour operators are onto a winner, but its people like us that work bloody hard all year round and now have to pay more :que

Michelle x
Like Pam I dont know either if it's the flight or the hotel as mine is also a package holiday with First Choice to their holiday village.

I agree with Michelle that in a lot of cases the holiday companys will have chartered less flights and reserved less hotel rooms and that can increase prices. But I am suprised with the Holiday Village as FC own it so have all the rooms, I guess it might just be because it's very popular & is filling up for my dates. They seem to charge more the less rooms they have left.

At this rate I dont suppose I will be able to go in 2010 :( .

Doe :wave:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.