Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Hi Lozza

Don't know all the ins and outs of this complaint but it sounds as if you paid with your credit card if so and its over the £100 contact them and they will get your money back I have had to do this in the past and it works

Good luck :tup
I will try that..... not too sure if it will work cos I paid the hotel with the credit card. Bookable holidays owe me the money cos I obviously paid them originally... not however with my credit card :(
I think if you paid the original company they should be responsible for any default.
Just contact the credit card company and explain they will let you know if you can claim and should send you out a claim form, in any case they will hold back any monies due to the travel company, even if you have paid your card, until it is sorted.
Roger
Even if you had paid Bookable by credit card it would be unlikely for there to be any comeback under Section 75, as there would have been no direct contact between you and the company that failed.

Did you get an Atol certificate when you booked?
Your Atol certificate will tell you what you bought ie package or flight plus and the Atol number and name of the holder whose Atol is giving the protection. If a package, and Bookable's name and number are on the certificate, they are solely responsible for any refund due to you and for dealing with any complaints.
If it's a flight plus your accommodation payment is still protected, but as the supplier it would normally be refunded from the CAA via the Atol bond, and can take a while.

Personally I would just speak to Abta for advice.
Thank you. I've emailed ABTA and will wait and see what happens! Thanks for all the advice.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.