Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Booking cruises
14 Posts
I followed Sue's advice and used Scotlands Cruise Centre because they saved me nearly £500 for the four of us, compared with all the others I tried! This was for Royal Caribbean next year. http://www.scotlandscruisecentre.co.uk
Delighted to hear that. I know that I can rely on them whenever I am booking a cruise and will always ask them to quote me. Ali will put a lot of hard work in to make that deal possible.

Sue
I should have said that it is always possible to find deals. You need to register with different Agents who will email you with offers etc. Also teletext is a good source of information but again when it comes to making that booking I look back to my favourite Agent.

Sue
hi, when i want to book a cruise i ring all the cruise sites on teletext page 227 on granada and play one off against the others, i always get a good deal ( DON T GET DONE GET DOM) you can barter with travel agents and its easier on the phone.
Agreed it is easier on the telephone and if you know the Agent like I do then it is easier not harder to get a deal.

Sue
I always use Vacationstogo.com they are based in Houston. Not only do they have good deals but they are super efficient. Many times it is just as cheap (or cheaper) to book from the cruiselines own website. Best to check them out before booking.
We have used a misture of vacations to go, cruise365.com, and cruise kings in Kirkintilloch near Glasgow. The secret is, by whatever means, to get the best deal possible. We normally book cruise only and DIY the rest.
Just booked our 3rd cruise with Vacations to go,very helpfull and great prices
ann
Well my Travel Agent has just beaten the price for our cruise with was quoted by Royal caribean themselves to me on the phone :D
A TA will always beat the price that the Cruise Line quotes by normally 10% but at times you can get a little bit more.

Sue
Many thanks for all your advice. Will any TA book cruises or are there specific ones. We are used to booking our hols all DIY - Trish
There are some links to TA's in the sticky topic at the top of the forum.

luci :wave
Sue

The only caveat I've found to that is when cruise lines run direct-only offers. For example, NCL offer quite good discounts when you use a relatively small number of Nectar points. At the time I originally booked my Jan Jade trip, nobody could come close - some could give good GTY deals, but not on the particular grade & location of cabin I wanted.

I tried my normal cruise agent (Cruisein) & they were very honest and advised me to go with NCL (although I've since upgraded through Cruise365).

Ian.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.