Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
We booked for our grandchild before she was born,just added name once she was born.

Diane :wave:
waynehayes,

As dimrie says, book the flight now under a favoured christian name then change it once the little one arrives. Given the age, you won't actually need to book a specific seat as he/she will travel on the parents lap. Rather than just booking the seat, I would call the airline and tell them your situation then they can make a note on your booking about the name change. If you just book the seat and call to change the name at a later date, they may charge you to do so.

Darren
Thanks guys. Great advice. Hopefully we'll get a bargain flight now.
The agent normally puts the baby down as X, but the onus is on you to let them know when the baby is born, otherwise the tickets will come through with Infant X on them and will need changing, and will be chargeable.

Kath x
Thanks again. Does this apply to budget flights booked solely on the internet?
waynehayes,

You'll have to enquire with the specific airline as their policy varies.

Darren
waynehayes,

You'll have to enquire with the specific airline as their policy varies.

Darren

Thanks yet again.

edit:

I just got this from the BMIBaby website:

** Edit - Sorry, but I have had to remove the quoted text due to copyright restrictions.

The main points were that an infant can be added to a booking at a later date at a cost of £15 per one way fllight. luci HT Mod **

So £30 return, which would be the same charge for an infant when booking together.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.