Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
what price are you getting as part of a package? When are you going?
Hi Fiona,
Looking at First choice I can get 2 weeks at the Uday Samudra which is adequate plus First Choice extra legroom flights for £1200 approx.( November/December time) The cheapest flights I have found were over £1000 without checking which airline. I used a holiday flight search supermarket thingamebob ( I'm a techie really !). I am waiting for a quote for a 7 day tour from my guiding contact. First Choice do an excellent 7 night tour + 7 nights Kovalam stop ( we've been ) but that works out at £2200ish so I should have plenty of budget to beat their price.I dont want to do the First Choice tour again as I don't want to repeat all of it again. If I could get flights at a decent price, I might then have sufficient budget to stay longer than the 2 weeks that is First Choice's only option.
have you investigated going through Mumbai?
We were quoted £399 for October( but then changed our airports). this is with BA. Just checked jet airways and mumbai to TRV is 253 dollars for dates in nov.( £123)
Fiona, Manchester to Mumbai via Heathrow is £830, plus £246 Mumbai to Trivandrum ( for 2). That's £1076 with lots of changing hassle and the possibility of missed connections, and of course no accomodation. However, I guess we could look at alternative holidays building in other parts of India. Not so sure we want to do that though.
hello dave

i think kerala generally is an expensive country to fly to from the uk. my sister and brother in law had the same issue with flight prices last year as they were going to come out and meet us.

know what you're saying about the unused accomodation being a waste if you go off on tour...rather than book separate accomodation to store our luggage on our 5 night tour we threw it in the back of the car! not sure you're going to get round that one if it's just a two week trip.

happy holiday hunting
misterc.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.