Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
more expensive to book online. There is never a problem with taxi. If there is not a taxi rank close to you the hotel will get you one.
Hi, i have lived on the Costa del Sol for over 5 years now. Transport is very good here, Taxis have to work on the same set prices now too and you can call one just as you do in the UK. There are hundereds of them and so normaly you will get one within 5 min's. There are also taxi ranks at Malaga airport and in all the Major resorts. The only time you may possibly have to wait for a taxi is on festivle days.
Many taxi driver here also speak english so you should have no trouble. There is also a good bus and train service. I can also arrange private airport transfers at reasonable rates, with english driver if you prefer it. Having lived here for so long i now know you holiday makers do get overcharged a little on just about everything!
If your taxi sounds expensive as him to see his price list, all spanish taxi driver have to carry a list of the official prices with then now, and all firms have to charge these same rates.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.