Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
booking query
6 Posts
well they might have security reasons for not sending an amended confirmation but surely they could send an email saying that they had noted the mistake and their would be no problem in check in. Ask them for that.
Seems mighty ludicrous that it is 4 months away and they can't correct the detail. What about the people who book at the last minute!
Also seems strange that they don't want to get the detail correct as the US are strict about who flies into the country now and the details have to be sent before the flight takes off.

With normal tickets they wouldn't be issued until much nearer the event so maybe they do not have adequate procedures in place for e-ticket changes.

Hope you have a good holiday despite.
Thanks for all the help. I have tried ringing and emailing again a couple of times to no avail, I have requested an email indicating that I have pointed out the spelling mistake as soon as I saw it and that US Airlines are aware of the problem and have changed it on their system, I am going to take the emails with me that I have sent and I have now just got to trust them that they have made the change on their system, that it will also show on the system when we check in that I have phoned the travel company and US Airlines to point out the spelling mistake and that it has been noted that it was not my mistake and rely on their assurances that I will have no problems at check in at Gatwick - watch this space on the morning of October 21st, we are due to fly out at 10.40, I may be on here posting away furiously reporting that Rahel - sorry Rachel did not make it onto the plane :( but hopefully American efficiency will prevail and we will all be on our way to Orlando :tup (I must admit that I am still secretly :shush worried about it though :-?)

Manxpolly
From 1st August 2008 ESTA goes live, this is a USA system for vias waiver countries where you register your details on line 72 hours before you visit the USA, from January 12th it will be compulsory.

See http://www.travel-lists.co.uk/headline.html for details.

Suggest to the them that this may cause an issue if the names on the tickets doesn't match with your ESTA entry as computers need the same information to verify everything is in order.

Dave
Hi Dave

It does not apear to come into force properly until January 2009 so I take that means as we go in October this year we do not have to register unless we want to ?

Polly
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.