Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Booking a seat.
5 Posts
As long as you are prepared to pay for a seat for her then of course you can book a seat for her. This will be easy to do if you've booked your flights separately to the hotel accommodation but less so if you've booked a package. If it's a package deal then it might only be possible to guarantee a seat if you pay the full whack, including a hotel bed for her, unless you can get a good 'children go free' deal for her. You might need to have her strapped in on your lap during take-off but if you are paying for and booking a seat for her than it might be worth inquiring whether you can take a car seat with you for her to sit in. But if she's travelling free as an under 2 and you don't want to buy her a ticket in her own right then you won't be allocated a seat for her under any circumstances.

SM

PS As your cat would be processed as a 'no show' at check-in there's no guarantee that the empty seat would be next to you :-)
Hi

Yep, im happy to book a seat for her, but I guess I will have to do this over the phone as when using either Ryanair or Easyjet for example they will not allow you to book when you confirm the age is under 2.

I dont do packages any more (I prefer to book hotels directly) so I am covered in that dept.

I will call the airline as see what they say.

Thanks for the reply!
The answer - direct from the airline - is yes, you can book a seat for a child under 2 to give yourself more room.
We booked a seat on a Ryanair flight for an under two year old - this was about 5 years ago though. It actually caused a problem because on the headcount there was a mismatch as cabin crew assumed the baby was a '+1' and not a seat occupant so they were one down.

I would explain this to your cabin crew to avoid a similar problem.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.