General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I've done it before. The offers are advertised on Teletext, but when you look further, you are directed to a travel agent. You will have the same ABTA protection as a High Street shop.
Be very careful, we've booked with them twice and both times we have been duped. They show pictures of other hotels, showing lovely pools, jacuzzi's e.t.c but when you get there they aren't there. Make sure you research your hotel properly other than on teletext. They even have a disclaimer showing at the time of booking saying that they take no responsibility for photos shown as they are taken by a 3rd party.
Be very careful, we've booked with them twice and both times we have been duped. They show pictures of other hotels,

to be Fair this is not the Fault of Teletex but the agents advertising

You will have the same ABTA protection as a High Street shop.

NOT strictly True.. if it is a package holiday from one of the main tour operators then yes ..[b]BUT[b] Most of the holidays advertised are built packages so at the moment you have little or no protection if it goes base over apex [as I learnt to my cost a few years back] many of the people advertising I would not trust to sell a loaf of bread... but there are a few more reputable ones on there

when you look at a teletext holiday it will say WHO is offering it [eg.. purple holidays/ fleetway/qwerty travel to randomly name a few] USE the search facility on this site and put in their names then look at the results

yasus
wizard
I have booked many holidays with Teletext but aways made sure they were a reputable company,such as Thomson,Thomas Cook,Crystal Lakes etc.
There have been some fly by night companies selling holidays via teletext in recent years and they should be avoided.
If you state which company is selling the holiday you have seen maybe someone who has travelled with them can advise you whether they are good or bad.
Well I went with your advice, looked at the holidays on Teletext, checked out all of the companies offering holidays where we wanted to go and none of them seemed particularly reliable so I went with a holiday on icelolly.com and Low Cost Holidays via a Ryan Air flight.

We're now booked in for the middle of June, 11 nights, SC, El Vita Studios in Lardos, Rhodes £575 for 3 of us including accomodation, flights, all taxes and insurance and sneaky credit card charges from Ryan Air... not too bad - cannot wait!!!!

I understand the accomodation at ElVita has mixed reviews so we have requested a higher floor, pool/sea view, away from receiption in a newer studio... fingers crossed we get what we want and not an older cockroach infested apartment as I have heard about!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.