Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
You no longer have to transfer to a small rowing boat from a large ferry to land on Ios.

Mylopotas beach - Like every island there has been building behind the beach. For example 'Far out' enterprises has a flash new facilty 3/4 the way along the beach. Tarmac road.

Nea Chora opposite the old Chora is now entirely built on with accommodation, cafes and nightclubs. The road going up to Chora is lined by hotels/rooms/restaurant places.

The port area has become tarted up with smart(er) cafes, pricier now....more built up and so on. This is no different to many other islands now.

Accommodation - I just wander around and look at a few rooms for rent places/small hotels in the port area, these are still rather basic, obviously the nearer you get to Chora the more noisy it gets. There is no problem to find accommodation off the ferry in June. Don't know about S/C.

Easy enough to get a ferry to Naxos/Paros/Santorini, if you don't like it.
Thank you Ouzo. OH thinks we may be better staying on one of the other islands and just visiting for a day, but we will have to look into the ferry timetables. It sounds as if it will bear no resembelance to the Ios that I fell in love with, but that's progress for you. :) Maz
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.