General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
books?
46 Posts
I usually take 3 books with me, then when I've read them I, swop them with books that other guests have left before. I usually end up with taking at least 2 home.
I take two paperback library books, so have to bring them back!!. If there are any left in reception I will have a look and see if they are worth a read if I can't get into my book, which happens a fair bit.....Caz
i usually bring mine back as theres always someone that wants to borrow them after ive read them and i wont let them read it before me :)
I took 5 this year left for behind on the reps table for others to read and had 1 left for the journey home, also had 2 on my iPad as well, though have got to say I really don't like reading books on the iPad, would rather be reading a paper back !!!!
I normally take about 8 books for a 2 week holiday and as we usually ( in europe ) opt for a private rental apartment, always leave most in the apartment for other guests, but having purchased a kindle, won't have all that weight in my luggage, yay, more room for clothes !!
I always take as many books as I can and leave them but this year after leaving books in the reps room they disappeared. :que
I then discovered the hotel shop had a stand with all these books on sale at the grand sum of 4e :yikes
I confronted the shop owner and she said she bought these books second hand as new books were expensive in Greece.
Strange as they had Oxfam etc written inside them.
One day I put a book in the reps room but marked a page with a x.
The next day it turned up on the shops book stand :que
I went to reception and they didnt believe these books were what guests had left so I told them what page I had marked with a x and that book then disappeared from the stand.
After this we just swapped with other guests and at the end of my holiday i took a load of books over the road from the hotel to a shop that only charged 1e per book.
This was in Rhodes and couldnt believe how dishonest these people were.
I always left my books at the hotel but this year I've got a kindle loaded with about 60 books so I won't be running out of reading material and it saves taking about 6 books that weigh quite a lot.
I bring my books home as I like to keep them all anyway - yes, I do have rather a huge collection at home, rather like a mini library ;)
I didn't pack any books this year, I took my well loaded kindle. Had a nose round the Hotel and found a room with books and magazines in, picked up an Ian Rankin, and Val McDermid that I hadn't read. So the kindle was put aside for a while, before that I always bought my holiday books at charity shops prior to holiday, and left them in the accommodation for others.
i haven't got any books ready yet , i really dont know what i want to read
I always take mine home becuase there is a charity book shop near to where we live and I donate all my used books there..
I never bring mine home. I always leave them either at the hotel or a bar that has a book exchange facility.
As they're usually library books they have to come back with us. Don't tend to read too much on holiday anyway, as there are better things to do. Though I do tend to dive into the guide book to see what's around.
I rarely read during the day when on holiday but I always read in bed before going to sleep so I have in the past taken one or two books with me, though never library books. I leave the books that I have finished reading in the hotels . I've bought a Kindle this year and have downloaded quite a few books so will have a few things to choose from.
My wife has a kindle and she does read a lot , probably because i don't talk to her :D only joking ! but she is a quick reader , i think that i read slowly , i like to pick up auto-biographies or easy reading stuff , last holiday i read a Piers Morgan book and Michael McIntyre , MM's book was really funny , i've passed that onto my mum she really likes him and even more disturbingly she like Piers Morgan.
ive got michael mcintyres book for this years hols, i only ever read autobiography type books, im looking forward to reading the "idiot abroad" one from the series
Lansclass - Love the idiot abroad book got it for Xmas so funny!!!!!!!!! :)
I often read a book more than once especially if its a factual book, so tend to take mine home.
usually take books from a charity shop and leave them in hotel.
This year I have bought some audio books on MP3 and am loading them onto I-pod
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.