Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
Polly
just stayed in Ubud. (little village 15 mins walk from centre. You just HAVE to stay in Ubud- it is great! We stayed at the Waka Namya- one of the best places we have stayed at. Very Balinese. Believe me, the photos are exactly what you get :D
Thanks, Fiona - the hotel looks great.

Did you arrange it yourself or book through a tour agency?

Thanks
Polly
Hiya! This is right up my street. And Fiona has recommended a fab hotel in Ubud. May I also recommend their sister hotel Waka Di Ume?

Waka Namya is in the heart of Ubud, Waka Di Ume is a little further out, and has great rice paddy views (you are surrounded by rice paddies) - and they run shuttle buses into Ubud. Both are small, and have lovely a Balinese feel to them!

As for Borobudur, you can get cheap (£40 per person one way) flights from Bali - Yogya on Garuda (I wouldn't trust any other airline) - but bare in mind that some insurance companies will not cover you (some will) for the flight as all Indonesian airlines are currently barred from flying into the EU. From there it's very easy to organise Borobudur / Prambanan trips. You can do it overland, easily organised from Bali, but I can't be tempted by long drives in Indonesian minibuses anymore!
Polly
although I booked with travelbag they did not have that hotel and I didn't want any they were offering. I asked them if they could get that hotel for me. They gave it to me at the price the hotel were advertising.
Fiona & Sam
Thanks very much to you both for your replies - I guess now I just need to convince hubby that he really does want to go to Ubud. :roll:

Sam, I'm surprised that the cost of flights from Bali to Yogya are so cheap - I think we would be inclined to stick with Garuda.

Regards
Polly
even if you just do 2 nights its worth it. :D
Pretty Polly - I'm lucky enough to have gone to Bali a few times, and if I only had 5 days there I would spend it all in Ubud - I know you don't, but what i'm trying to say is it should be compulsory - everyone I know who has been is always annoyed they didn't stay or spend enough time in Ubud!
have to agree- you see the real Bali there. Have to say that any further visits to Bali will def include Ubud- despite the fact that you have the compulsory 5am alarm clock call :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image